Do you need an easy family meal that can be made in 15 minutes? This easy pulled pork nacho casserole style dish tastes great, includes a variety of food groups and is very easy to put together. Even my picky eater ate this meal!
BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
My kids love saying “Taco Tuesday”. Since one of them is a picky eater we try to find fun new meals that we can all enjoy. These pulled pork nachos layered in a casserole dish and quickly warmed up in the oven are a fun and EASY Taco Tuesday meal idea. We liked this dinner so much we ate it twice in one week!
We like how quickly the layers go together. If there’s a layer you don’t like just leave it out or leave it out of half of the dish. The pulled pork and cheese are our favorite flavors, but the vegetables and beans make it more filling and flavorful. The chips add a nice salty crunch. We actually added extra chips to our meal.
A friend shared this recipe with us. Our friends added more onion and slices of black olives. Just like our Pulled Pork Waffle Fries it’s easy to personalize this dish to meet your preferences.
We also love the black bean and corn combination in our Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
Pulled Pork Meal Ideas
Pulled pork sandwiches are an easy meal, but we also enjoy loaded potatoes or these nachos! When I’m in a time crunch I like to use a pound of prepared pulled pork out of the freezer or purchase a tub of prepared shredded pork from the grocery store.
How to Make Pulled Pork Nachos
- Warm pulled pork in a skillet with desired amount of barbecue sauce. Using a cast iron skillet can help the edges of the pork carmelize which produces a wonderful flavor.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish layer chopped lettuce, diced red onion, Monterey Jack cheese and tortilla chips. Continue evenly layering warm pulled pork, corn and black beans. Top with Mexican cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and serve warm.
- Pulled pork nachos are best eaten right away as the tortillas will get soft over time. Extras should be refrigerated.
Printable Easy Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe
Easy Pulled Pork Nachos
- 4 cups romaine lettuce cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup red onions diced
- 3/4 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips we prefer round chips
- 1 pound prepared bbq pulled pork
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup Mexican cheese
Serve with sour cream, salsa & bbq sauce if desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Warm pulled pork in a skillet adding as much bbq sauce as desired. Cast iron skillet is best because pulled pork can caramelize a bit on the edges
- In a 9×13″ baking dish layer lettuce, diced red onions, Monterey jack cheese and tortilla chips.
- Continue to layer warm pulled pork, corn, black beans and Mexican cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.