A crispy tortilla stacked with bbq pulled pork, melted cheese and tender peppers makes an easy meal or quick party food that is always super popular!
Pulled Pork Quesadillas are one of the best restaurant recipes to make at home!
BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadilla Recipe
This quesadilla recipe can be made quickly with fresh or leftover homemade pulled pork or by purchasing a tub of prepared bbq shredded pork. Starting with Slow Cooker Pulled Pork or Instant Pot Pulled Pork and adding a bottle of BBQ sauce or a batch of Homemade BBQ Sauce is our family favorite.
A big batch of pulled pork can be used to make so many quick meals during the week like BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders or Loaded Baked Potatoes. Then when the weekend comes and it’s time to watch some football or tailgate at home there’s still plenty of pork to heat up for these amazing quesadillas.
The second most important ingredient is cheese! I love shredded Monterey Jack cheese, but a blended yellow and white cheese or even cheddar cheese would work fine too.
Add some softened strips of red and green peppers and garnish with sliced green onions to add a little crunch and flavor to these quesadillas.
The flour tortilla can be made crispy with a thing layer of mayonnaise or butter. We have a slight preference for the mayo, but the difference between butter is minuscule, so use what you have.
Pulled Pork Quesadillas Make Great Party Food
Since we’ll continue having more celebrations, parties and tailgates at home appetizers will be featured on the menu and these pulled pork quesadillas with barbecue sauce are a delicious addition.
We love how easy quesadillas are to customize. An 8 or 9″ flour tortilla works well, but any size can be used and the options for fillings are endless.
Making up a couple at a time in a skillet and serving on a cutting board creates more of a party atmosphere. Using the cutting board also makes it easier to slice the quesadillas into 2 to 4 pieces. We like bigger pieces for a meal and smaller pieces make finger food or more of a snack.
What Can Be Added To Pulled Pork Quesadillas?
We love this base pulled pork quesadilla recipe with barbecue sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, red and green pepper strips with green onions, but about anything you like can be added.
We look forward to mixing in and garnishing quesadillas with these other flavors in the future.
- Bacon – our Bacon & Cheese Quesadillas are SO good too!
- Mexican cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Softened mushrooms
- Black beans
- Sour cream
How to Make BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas
- Put a light coat of mayo or butter on one side of 4 flour tortillas.
- Warm oil in half of a large skillet and saute peppers in one half while the pork warms in the other half of the skillet.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat lay a tortilla flat and add warm bbq pork to half, add cheese on top of pork and veggies on top of cheese. Fold in half and warm until cheese is melted. Carefully flip once if necessary.
- Cut each tortilla in half or in 3 or 4 pieces and serve immediately.
Easy Pulled Pork Quesadillas
Begin by chopping veggies and covering flour tortillas with a thin layer of mayonnaise or butter.
In one large skillet warm oil over medium high heat and add peppers to half of skillet. Warm pork in the other half.
In a second large skillet add one tortilla over medium heat. Cover half of tortilla with a thin layer of warmed BBQ pulled pork. Spread almost to edge, but leave a slight lip.
Since you’re beginning with fully cooked pork it only needs to be warmed to make quesadillas.
Add a layer of cheese over barbecued pork.
Sprinkle the desired amount of sautéed peppers and any other sautéed veggies you want to mix in. Add chopped green onion if desired.
Once all ingredients are stacked on one half of quesadilla fold tortilla in half and continue cooking until cheese is melted and tortillas has a slightly crispy, light brown finish.
Use a spatula to flip carefully if necessary, but this is an extra step that I typically don’t do. Watch closely to avoid burning. If tortillas heats up too quickly remove from heat or turn down heat to low.
I like to begin making another one in the skillet while one is heating up if the space exists.
One pound of pulled pork will make 4 to 5 quesadillas depending on the size of the tortilla and thickness of the layer of pork.
These appetizers are fun to eat served and sliced to desired size on a wooden cutting board.
Other Easy Recipes with Pulled Pork
Other Tasty Recipes to Serve with Quesadillas:
- Bacon & Cheese Loaded French Fries
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Farmhouse Baked Beans
- Air Fryer Broccoli with Garlic & Parmesan
- Broccoli, Cauliflower Salad
Pulled Pork Quesadillas
- 4 flour tortillas 8 – 9 inches
- 3 tablespoons mayonaisse
- 3/4 pound BBQ pulled pork warmed
- 1 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper sliced, with slices cut in half
- 1/2 green pepper sliced, with slices cut in half
- 3 green onions chopped, optional
- Spread may over one side of each tortilla; set aside.
- In a large skillet add oil and peppers to one side and saute over medium-high heat. While veggies are sauteing warm bbq pork in the other side of the skillet.
- In another large skillet warm flour tortilla, mayo side down over medium heat. Spread a thin layer of warmed pork over one half, add cheese evenly over pork and add veggies in an even layer on top of cheese. Fold empty half of tortilla over top of filling. Warm until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly browned and beginning to become crispy.
Shared on Weekend Potluck