This easy No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake recipe only calls for 5 ingredients and is the perfect weeknight treat or dessert for a big gathering.
When we need a last-minute homemade dessert that’s easy and delicious this is one of our family’s favorite dessert recipes!
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
Smooth and sweet with a fluffy texture this no bake cheesecake can be topped with your favorite flavor of pie filling. Cherry almost always wins in our house.
Using a prepared graham cracker pie crust saves so much time and effort, but of course you are welcome to make your own. The no-bake cheesecake portion is cream cheese, whipped topping, and sugar. Top with your favorite can of pie filling and you have a winning no bake cheesecake recipe.
This pie recipe came from my mom who is famous for her easy cheesecakes. A long-time favorite is her Mini Cheesecakes in a Dessert Bar. This is another of her easy dessert recipes that we enjoy making often. She has made this many times for bake sales, benefit auctions, our family and gatherings of friends because people ask for it!
We like the pie shape because that’s how the graham cracker crust can be purchased, but this cheesecake filling can easily be spread over a homemade crust in a square pan.
My husband said this recipe is better than the homemade version of a box of Jello no-bake cheesecake.
Our Cherry Delight is similar to this no-bake cheesecake but features a few more steps. Any type of pie filling can be used in that recipe too.
Ingredients Needed for Homemade Cherry Cheesecake:
- Cream cheese – We like to use the name brand Philadelphia as the quality will be noticeable in this dessert.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar helps sweeten the filling.
- Whipped topping – Also known as Cool Whip, we use name brand or store brand for this ingredient.
- Graham cracker crust – We use the bigger size of Keebler ready crust graham pie crust at 11 oz.
- Cherry pie filling – Extra cherries creates more visual appeal in this cheesecake, but any type will taste great.
How Do You Stiffen a No-Bake Cheesecake
This no-bake cheesecake can be stiffened by chilling it before serving. The colder the cream cheese and whipped topping mixture the stiffer the filling will be.
A chilled mixture is also easier to slice. The pie filling may be poured on top of the entire pie or spooned on each slice as the pie is being served.
Each piece will look more attractive if set on a dessert plate. Then spoon cherry pie filling over the top just before serving for the best look.
This method is a bit more time consuming than adding the pie filling to the entire cheesecake before cutting and serving. Both have the same great taste!
Tips for Making Quick Cheesecake Pie
There are a couple steps that need to be done ahead of time to make this recipe super easy.
- Buy the larger size graham cracker crust. If you look closely there are two sizes of graham cracker crusts, this recipe calls for the 9oz. crust.
- A square 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan can be used with a homemade graham cracker crust or two regular sized prepared graham cracker crusts can be used.
- Thaw whipped topping in the refrigerator a day before you plan to make the cheesecake.
- Let cream cheese soften on the counter for an hour or two (not more than two for food safety reasons) before you mix up the no-bake cheesecake. Beat until the cream cheese is very smooth.
- Choose your favorite can of pie filling ahead of time. Cherry is our favorite, but we also enjoy mixed berry.
Add softened cream cheese and sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat for a few minutes until the mixture is very smooth. Scrape the bowl a couple times.
Add Cool Whip or another generic brand of whipped topping to the mixing bowl and fold in gently.
Spread into a prepared graham cracker crust pie. If pie is prepared ahead of time chill at this step and wait until serving to add pie filling.
The cover that comes on the pie crust can be inverted and used as a lid. Use the foil lip along the edge to keep the lid in place when storing or transporting.
Cover with homemade cherry pie filling or a can of pie filling. We prefer the can with extra cherries!
Other Easy & Delicious Dessert Recipes:
- Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are baked with a vanilla wafer crust in a cupcake liner which makes them super easy to pick up and enjoy.
- Black Forest Cherry Bundt cakes mixes a can of cherry pie filling into a chocolate cake mix to make a fun surprise in each bite!
- Orange Jello Salad is a vintage recipe that is cool and delicious.
- This American Flag Fruit Pizza is a perfect patriotic treat for the 4th of July!
- Crescent Roll Apple Pie has a rich cream cheese filling between layers of flaky crescent rolls.
Printable No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- 9 oz prepared graham cracker crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping defrosted
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling or your favorite flavor
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together; mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in whipped topping. Spread in pie crust.
- Top with a can of pie filling and enjoy. Keep refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe originally published on October 15, 2018 with pictures updated on May 15, 2021.