Cheesecake lovers will fall head over heals for this Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe because they are so easy to make!
Made in cupcake liners on a vanilla wafer this classic recipe looks fancy and tastes impressive. Mini cherry cheesecake bites are one of our family’s favorite dessert recipes!
Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe
These cherry cheesecakes bites or individual mini cheesecakes make a great alternative to a traditional cake and give more variety to your dessert table at a party. They are fun to stack at different heights to add color and variation.
My husband LOVES cheesecake and often asks for this recipe. It is so nice to have a quick and easy recipe to make small servings of cheesecake cupcakes! Cherry pie filling is a favorite topping in our family, but many pie fillings work well.
We’ve got a classic Buckeye Cheesecake, but this cheesecake bites recipe and our No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake is so much quicker and easier. The no-bake filling recipe could be used in these cups for another variation.
We’ll often have a great Chocolate Cake or cupcakes at a birthday party and make these mini cheesecake bites to add color and flavor to the meal. Some of the best party and potluck dessert come in individual cupcake liners to make serving and eating so easy.
Vanilla Wafer Cheesecake Cupcakes
My mom also makes this easy mini cheesecakes with vanilla wafers for family parties, a graduation party and carry-ins quite often. She enjoys making cakes and cupcakes and she’ll often whip up an extra batch of these vanilla wafer cheesecake cupcakes. This dessert really tastes impressive, but it’s simple to make.
Preparing for a party can be fun and I like having help so I usually get the kids involved. My kids love helping put the vanilla wafers in the bottom of each cupcake liner. They have a party eating a box of wafers before the real party begins!
We always use these silver cupcake liners which look great at any holiday or special occasion. The shinny silver contrasts so will with cherry pie filling or whatever kind of fruit pie filling you choose. This is a beautiful red and blue dessert with blueberry or blackberry pie filling served alongside the cherry pie filling. With white bite-sized cheesecakes, it makes a great red, white and blue 4th of July or Memorial Day Weekend dessert.
These are the easiest cheesecakes to make and they are so delicious! It’s no wonder that just like our Pistachio Pudding Cake, Turtle Cake from a Box Mix and S’mores Pie it is a tradition to find these on the dessert table at some party throughout the year.
- Vanilla wafers
- Cream cheese
- Lemon juice
- Cherry pie filling
How to Tell When Mini-Cheesecakes Are Set
This recipe is super easy and only takes ten minutes to mix up after the cream cheese is soft. The most difficult part of making cheesecake, in my opinion, is trying to determine when it is “set”.
I always set the timer for a few minutes less than the recommended time. I open up the oven and move the pan with the cheesecakes an inch or two. If the filling “jiggles” in the center I put it back in the oven for a few more minutes. After doing this a few times I typically notice the amount of jiggle or movement in the center of the mini cheesecakes decreases over time. I take the mini cheesecakes out of the oven when the jiggle is gone, but before the cheesecake begins to burn.
Mini Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners and preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Add a vanilla wafer with the flat side down in the bottom of each liner.
3. In a mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
5. Fill each liner 3/4 full with cream cheese mixture and bake 15 – 20 minutes until set.
6. Allow mini cheesecakes to cool before spooning your favorite pie filling on top.
7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips for Making Cheesecake Bites
- Make sure cream cheese is softened
- We do enjoy Philadelphia cream cheese over the store brand for best results in this recipe
- If cream cheese isn’t soft the cheesecakes may be lumpy instead of smooth and well mixed
- 3 cherries from cherry pie filling fit well on each mini cheesecake
- Plain mini cheesecakes can be frozen in an airtight bag, but cheesecakes with the pie filling do not freeze well
- Blueberry pie filling tastes great as an alternative to cherry pie filling. The red and blue combination can make a flag design for the 4th of July or Memorial Day.
Other Classic Dessert Recipes:
- Easy Banana Cream Delight
- Black Forest Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Sticky Bun Swirl Cake
- Cheesecake with a Shortbread Crust
Printable Mini Cheesecake Recipe
Individual Miniature Cheesecakes
- 20 cupcake liners
- 20 vanilla wafers
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375°Fahrenheit. Line cupcake pan with liners. Place a vanilla wafer, flat side down in the bottom of each liner.
- In a small bowl beat softened cream cheese.
- Add sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix until fluffy and light.
- Fill liners 3/4 full with cream cheese mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Let cool.
- Set mini cheesecakes out on a tray and display toppings of your choice around the mini cheesecakes. Makes 15 – 20 mini cheesecakes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Originally published on June 15, 2018 with pictures updated on May 18, 2022.