My husband LOVES cheesecake and it is so nice to have a quick and easy recipe to make small servings of individual cherry cheesecake!
Mini cherry cheesecake bites are one of our family’s tried and true dessert recipes! Made in cupcake liners on a vanilla wafer this classic recipe looks fancy and tastes impressive.
Mini Cheesecake Bites
These individual mini cheesecakes make a great alternative to a traditional cake and give more variety to your dessert table at a party. Cherry pie filling is a favorite in our family, but any pie filling can be used.
We’ll often have a great Chocolate Cake or cupcakes at a birthday party and make these mini cheesecake bites to add color and flavor to the meal. Some of the best party and potluck dessert come in individual cupcake liners to make serving and eating so easy.
My mom also makes this easy mini cheesecake recipe for other parties and carry-ins quite often. She enjoys making cakes and cupcakes and she’ll often whip up an extra batch of these individual mini cheesecakes. This dessert really tastes impressive, but it’s simple to make.
Preparing for a party can be fun and I like having help so I usually get the kids involved. My kids love helping put the vanilla wafers in the bottom of each cupcake liner. They have a party eating a box of wafers before the real party begins!
We always use these silver cupcake liners which look great at any holiday or special occasion. The shinny silver contrasts so will with cherry pie filling or what kind of fruit pie filling you choose. This is a beautiful red and blue dessert with blueberry or blackberry pie filling served alongside the cherry pie filling. With white bite-sized cheesecakes, it makes a great red, white and blue 4th of July or Memorial Day Weekend dessert.
These are the easiest cheesecakes to make and they are so delicious! It’s no wonder that just like our Pistachio Pudding Cake, Apple Dapple Cake, and Frost Me Not Cupcakes it’s tradition to find these on the dessert table at some party throughout the year.
How to Tell When Mini-Cheesecakes Are Set
This recipe is super easy and only took ten minutes to mix up after the cream cheese was softened. The most difficult part of making cheesecake, in my opinion, is trying to determine when it is “set”.
I always set the timer for a few minutes less than the recommended time. I open up the oven and move the pan with the cheesecakes an inch or two. If the filling “jiggles” in the center I put it back in the oven for a few more minutes. After doing this a few times I typically notice the amount of jiggle or movement in the center of the mini cheesecakes decreases over time. I take the mini cheesecakes out of the oven when the jiggle is gone, but before the cheesecake begins to burn.
Mini Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add a vanilla wafer with the flat side down in the bottom of each liner.
- In a mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Fill each liner 3/4 full with cream cheese mixture and bake 15 – 20 minutes until set.
- Allow mini cheesecakes to cool before spooning your favorite pie filling on top.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips for Making Cheesecake Bites
- Make sure cream cheese is softened
- If cream cheese isn’t softened the cheesecakes may be lumpy instead of smooth and well mixed
- 3 cherries from cherry pie filling fit well on each mini cheesecake
- Plain mini cheesecakes can be frozen in an airtight bag, but cheesecakes with the pie filling do not freeze well
Other Classic Dessert Recipes:
Printable Mini Cheesecake Recipe
Individual Miniature Cheesecakes
- 24 cupcake liners
- 24 vanilla wafers
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cupcake pan with liners. Place a vanilla wafer in bottom of each liner.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla until fluffy and light.
- Fill liners 3/4 full with cream cheese mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Let cool
- Set mini cheesecakes out on a tray and display toppings of your choice around the mini cheesecakes. Makes 24 mini cheesecakes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.