Cheddar cheese and broccoli mix in a Jiffy mix to make the best Jiffy Broccoli Cornbread! This side dish recipe is so easy and makes a cookout or holiday gathering even more delicious!
Broccoli Cornbread Recipe
Part cheesy broccoli casserole and part cornbread this vegetable loaded corn bread is simply delicious! Only six ingredients including a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix means this recipe takes less than 5 minutes to mix up.
This cheesy cornbread tastes so good with Pulled Pork or our Farmhouse Pot Roast. We also love adding it to our Thanksgiving side dish table along with Sweet Potato Soufflé, Scalloped Corn Casserole, Grandma’s Dressing and Cornbread Dressing.
A friend shared her family’s recipe. We’ve found several variations but like this one in a 9 x 13 pan the best. Some other recipes use other kinds of cheese, but we love sharp cheddar cheese and prefer this broccoli cheddar cornbread recipe without cottage cheese.
Frozen broccoli is so easy to keep in the freezer as a way to add vegetables to several meals. We use it in a variety of recipes from this one to our popular Air Fryer Broccoli, Broccoli Mushroom Casserole, and Cheesy Broccoli Casserole.
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Frozen Broccoli
- Cheddar cheese
Tips for Success
- Frozen broccoli florets instead of stems and pieces make a higher quality bread.
- Chopping broccoli into smaller evenly sized pieces allows more of the flavors to blend together in each bite.
- Allowing broccoli to set out for 20 – 30 minutes before stirring into the mix will knock the chill off and decrease cooking time.
- If using broccoli straight out of the freezer add 10 – 15 minutes to the cooking time, but check often to avoid the bread browning too much.
- Finished cornbread is very moist and will last longest stored in the refrigerator.
- Leftovers can be frozen in individual pieces wrapped in a paper towel before placing in a self sealing bag. Reheat wrapped in a slightly damp paper towel in the microwave.
How to Make Broccoli Cheese Cornbread
Chop broccoli into evenly sized pieces. If broccoli is too frozen to chop set aside in a single layer on the cutting board for about 15 to 20 minutes and then try again.
Lightly grease a 9 x 13″ baking pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
Pour cornbread mix into a mixing bowl. Add eggs and milk.
Use an electric mixer and mix well until the mixture is smooth and consistent.
Add broccoli and cheddar cheese to the mixing bowl and stir well. season with salt and pepper to your personal preference.
Spread evenly into baking dish.
Bake broccoli bread for 35 – 45 minutes until the top is lightly golden brown. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, broccoli cornbread casserole can be mixed up the day before. Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.
When ready to bake let the dish set out on the counter for 30 minutes to warm up, or set the cold dish in the cold oven and allow them to warm up together. Bake as directed.
What To Serve With Cornbread
Cornbread with broccoli is popular to serve with most meat including Fried Chicken, Pulled Pork and Beef Roasts.
More Delicious Holiday Recipes:
Potatoes for a Crowd are an easy way to contribute to a big meal in a super easy way.
Cheesy Sausage Cornbread is another simple recipe from A Southern Soul that’s meaty and extra flavorful!
Easy Egg & Sausage Casserole is a breakfast or dinner favorite that is great for a quick week night meal or a special Christmas brunch.
Farmhouse Pineapple Casserole is sweet and crunchy and makes a great side dish!
Cranberry Mold is a Thanksgiving classic that can be made in a jello ring or a bowl for a festive dessert salad.
Jiffy Broccoli Cornbread
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Prepare cornbread mix with the eggs and milk, mix well.
- Stir in broccoli and shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour in melted butter and mix well. Pour into baking pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.