Creamy chicken, carrots and peas wrapped in Red Lobster Biscuit mix makes this easy recipe that’s become known as TikTok Chicken Cobbler.
Chicken Cobbler Recipe
Also known as Chicken Cobbler with cheddar bay biscuit mix this warm and creamy casserole is super popular! It has been a trending recipe for an easy meal idea on Tik Tok for over a year.
Using a rotisserie chicken, a bag of frozen veggies, butter, box of biscuit mix, milk, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth is so simple. This chicken cobbler casserole recipe is a great way to get dinner on the table when life is busy.
A box of Red Lobster biscuit mix has some herbs and extra cheesy flavoring that doesn’t disappoint. We love how this chicken pot pie casserole bubbles up around the edges to make every bite warm and satisfying.
Using the dry ingredients in our Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix is also an option if you prefer the homemade approach over purchasing a box mix.
Why This Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe Works:
- Only takes 10 minutes to mix up!
- Leftover chicken or turkey or a rotisserie chicken all taste great as the featured protein.
- Red Lobster chicken pot pie casserole is made with ingredients that are easy to keep on hand.
- Bisquick baking mix can easily replace the slightly more expensive box of restaurant biscuit mix
- As a girl that only likes the center of brownies I was surprised that I just can’t resist the edges with the golden brown biscuit mix. Every single bite of this cobbler recipe is delicious!
- When you don’t stir the ingredients together the liquid bubbles up as it bakes and makes a beautiful meal.
- Serve with a simple green salad for an easy family dinner.
- Leftovers reheat well for lunch throughout the week.
If you enjoy this recipe you may also enjoy our Chicken Pot Pie Tater Tot Casserole recipe.
Cooked chicken – I like to use a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s Club that is nice and meaty. Any plain, precooked chicken that is shredded or chopped up works fine.
Butter – not a requirement but fat equals flavor and that’s why people love real butter!
Peas and Carrots – a bag of frozen veggies works well. Green beans would be fine in the combo too.
Red Lobster Biscuit Mix – I love the unique blend of herbs and hint of cheesiness in every bite that makes it feel like you’re eating out.
Milk – stir with the baking mix and pour over the chicken.
Chicken Broth – Use about a soup can full of purchased broth or use Better than Bouillon to make your own stock.
How To Make Chicken Cobbler with Red Lobster Biscuit Mix
Shred a warm, freshly cooked rotisserie chicken into smaller than bite size pieces
Melt butter and pour in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
Sprinkle chicken on top of butter taking care to keep the butter in as even of a layer in the bottom of a pan as possible.
Spread frozen vegetables over chicken.
I typically use a whole bag, but a half or partial bag works fine too.
Stir biscuit mix and seasoning packet into milk. Mix until no clumps of flour remain.
Pour as evenly as possible over the chicken.
Then mix can of cream of chicken soup into chicken broth or chicken stock.
Pour over top of cheddar bay biscuit casserole being careful not to make dish overflow.
Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 – 60 minutes.
Check casserole about 45 minutes in and continue to cook until there is no more batter visible in the center and the edges are golden brown.
Serve this chicken pot pie with red lobster biscuit mix warm and enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Chicken or turkey is interchangeable in this recipe and leftovers works great.
- Don’t add any extra or the pan might bake over. This makes a very full 9×13” dish so take care not to overfill
- The box of biscuit mix has about 2 1/2 cups of baking mix. Use a minimum of two cups up to the entire package of biscuit mix.
- No stirring necessary – just let the layers bake and bubble together in the oven.
- Smaller pieces of chicken or Turkey are better and allow more of the flavors to mix into every bite.
- Baking time will vary based on how thick the casserole is.
More Easy Casserole Recipes:
Tik Tok Spaghetti with Alfredo Sauce and spaghetti sauce and topped with a wonderful cheesy layer is so delicious!
Ham, Egg & Cheese Casserole is another great recipe to use up extra meat after the holidays.
Beef & Cream Cheese Stuffed Shells are another comfort food casserole we love making. The kids enjoy the shells and the leftovers freeze well.
Cheesy Sausage & Potato Casserole is easy to make in the oven or crock pot and adds a little something extra to delicious cheesy potatoes.
- 4 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces frozen carrots and peas
- 2 cups milk
- 11 ounce box cheddar bay biscuit mix
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter and pour in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly over the butter.
- Layer frozen carrots and peas over chicken.
- Stir together biscuit mix (including seasoning packet) and milk. Pour over chicken, do not stir.
- Mix together cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Pour over casserole do not stir.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Continue to bake for additional 10 minute intervals until the biscuit mix across the top is baked and golden brown around the edges.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Originally shared on November 16, 2022 with updates made on August 24, 2023.