Spaghetti generously coated in an Alfredo sauce and topped with a thick layer of red meat sauce makes an amazing Baked Alfredo Spaghetti recipe.
If you like this popular recipe you may also enjoy Cajun Sausage Pasta.
Tik Tok Alfredo Spaghetti Recipe
Meaty, rich and cheesy all at the same time the three distinct layers in this saucy alfredo spaghetti recipe are delicious! Our whole family craves these flavors and I love how easy it is to make fancy spaghetti at home.
The base is thin spaghetti with Alfredo sauce. Next is a combination of spaghetti sauce and meat. Finally a couple layers of cheese melt on top for the finishing flavor.
Also known as Million Dollar Pasta this famous spaghetti casserole recipe taste rich but is an easy dinner to make at home. From our Baked Spaghetti with Sausage to Spaghetti Pizza we love big dishes of pasta!
After hearing about this trending Tik Tok spaghetti recipe we got to testing several options here at home. We’re proud to share with you the Best Spaghetti Alfredo from Tik Tok!
Just like in our Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti we like to begin with the basic ingredients and then add in an extra or two like mushrooms or diced peppers if we’re in the mood. Picky eaters are happier with the base recipe and since we have kids we like to keep the family happy at dinner.
Why This Recipe Works
- With two different sauces leftovers reheat well and taste just as good as fresh out of the oven
- Great spaghetti casserole to take to a friend to cheer them up after a loss or celebrate a new addition to the family
- Taste like a fancy restaurant spaghetti with more flavor than typical spaghetti
- Original recipe makes a big dish full that easily feeds 12 – 15 people, but recipe can easily be cut in half
- Using heavy cream and making your own quick Alfredo sauce adds so much flavor to the spaghetti just like it does to our TikTok Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream
What’s Needed to Make Tik Tok Spaghetti?
- Spaghetti – we use a little less than a pound and typically buy the protein + or higher fiber options, whole wheat spaghetti can absorb quite a bit more sauce and is not recommended in this recipe.
- Red Pasta Sauce – purchasing a jar of sauce or simmering diced tomatoes in your favorite spices works fine too. One jar isn’t quite enough, so we prefer about 1 1/2 jars to keep the casserole moist.
- Ground Meat – We tested both beef and sausage and didn’t have a strong preference. There are so many other flavors in the sauce that become the focus of the dish, any lean ground meat adds protein and a complimentary flavor.
- Onion – adds earthy veggie flavor, fiber and a soft crunch to the meat sauce.
- Oregano – We like a touch more herb and Italian flavors, add herbs and spices to make a personal flair all your own.
- Butter – has a rich and silky flavor to stir other ingredients into as it melts.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – The rich base that makes Alfredo sauce so craveable. To save time you can use a couple containers of purchased Alfredo sauce too.
- Garlic – an optional extra burst of flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese – grated or shredded works fine to create the alfredo sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese – helps thicken the alfredo sauce, but save some to sprinkle on top.
- Parsley – is an optional garnish to add some color to the top of the dish.
How to Make Spaghetti Better
By adding additional herbs, spices, cheese, cream and complimentary sauces this TikTok spaghetti recipe is so much better!
Fresh garlic, seasoned salt, cajun seasoning, homemade alfredo sauce and adding meat to a jar of spaghetti sauce greatly enhances the flavors of traditional spaghetti.
The combination of spaghetti sauce with Alfredo sauce being in layers instead of mixed together to create a pink or rose pasta sauce creates a wonderful surprise that makes this recipe distinct.
How to Make TikTok Alfredo Spaghetti
Boil water in a medium sized stock pot. Salt water and then cook spaghetti to al dente according to the directions on the package.
Lightly coat a 9 x 13″ dish or larger lasagna pan with non-stick cooking spray.
While spaghetti is cooking brown meat in a large skillet. Drain and set aside on a plate covered with paper towels.
Using the residual grease in the skillet add chopped onions and cook over medium heat until tender and beginning to turn transclucent.
Return cooked meat to the skillet. Add pasta sauce and seasonings.
Stir it all up and cover with a tightly fitting lid. Turn to low to allow to simmer for 10 – 20 minutes while making the Alfredo sauce.
Drain spaghetti and pour in the bottom of the baking dish. I like to stir in a few pats of butter to prevent the noodles from sticking together while making the white sauce.
In the hot stock pot add butter and turn to medium heat. Add flour and stir well.
I like to use a long handled wooden spoon with a flat edge for this sauce.
Stir continuously until mixture begins to lightly brown. It will bubble up in the process.
Add minced garlic and stir well.
Then add parmesan cheese and stir until melted and mixed in.
Add mozzarella last and turn the heat off. Stir until cheese is melted.
Quickly add spaghetti and stir until the Alfredo is mixed into the spaghetti as good as possible.
Spread the beautiful Alfredo spaghetti into the bottom of the baking dish.
Then stir up the red sauce and pour on top of the spaghetti Alfredo.
Take care to keep sauce and meat mixture in the skillet while stirring and simmering. I’ve found a larger skillet really helps keep the stove top more clean.
Sprinkle grated Parmesan and shredded Mozzarella on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F. Then uncover and return to the oven for another 10 – 15 minutes to allow the cheese to lightly brown on top.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Variations of This Dish
- Add green peppers or chopped mushrooms to the onions when in the skillet becoming tender
- If using Italian sausage fewer spices need added to the spaghetti sauce.
- Cooked and chopped chicken would give this recipe a different taste for another meal variation.
- If using ground beef I like to add oregano and garlic. Some people also like seasoned salt, cajun seasoning or a variety of other herbs and spices.
- We like using Protein plus pasta and thin spaghetti to allow more cheesy Alfredo coating to pasta ratio.
- Other shapes of pasta like penne, mostaccioli or fettuccini can also work, but spaghetti is the most popular.
Storing and Freezing Tips
With the amount of sauce in this spaghetti it might taste even better the next day when reheated. There is no fear of this spaghetti drying out in the refrigerator.
We like to let leftover baked spaghetti cool enough to cut into individual servings. Then we freeze individual portions in freezer containers or self sealing bags.
The entire spaghetti dish can be wrapped in plastic wrap and then double wrapped in foil and frozen.
Defrost in the refrigerator for a day before baking or reheating.
More Easy Recipes with Pasta
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese with Velveeta is super popular for parties, holidays and easy meals throughout the week.
Ground Beef and Cream Cheese Stuffed Shells also make an impressive presentation in a flavorful homemade meal.
Linguine Salad is super popular for picnics and potlucks.
Chicken and Pasta Casserole mixed up in the slow cooker makes a convenient meal when life is busy.
Baked Alfredo Spaghetti
- 14 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Meaty Red Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 32 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley optional garnish
- Cook spaghetti to al dente, drain and pour into a 9 x 13 or larger glass dish and stir in a few pats of butter to prevent from sticking.
- In the same pot the spaghetti was cooked in add butter, turn to medium heat.
- Stir in flour and keep stirring until it turns lightly brown.
- Add heavy cream 1/4 cup at a time and stir allowing each batch to warm up before adding more.
- Bring to a simmer and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Then stir in mozzarella cheese.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the pot of alfredo sauce and stir it all together. Pour alfredo spaghetti back in the baking dish.
- Cook ground beef, drain and set aside on paper towels.
- Add onions to skillet on medium heat. Stir a few times until they are shinny and getting tender.
- Add sauce and meat to the skillet. Stir well, cover and simmer on low for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Pour meat sauce over top of the layer of spaghett.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top and bake in a preheated 350°F oven covered with foil for 15 minutes and then uncovered for 10 – 15 minutes until cheese bubbles and begins to get lightly brown around the edges.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply