Farmhouse Crock Pot Spaghetti is the best crock pot recipe for a baked spaghetti flavor. If you need a new spin on spaghetti and meatballs you’ve got to try this recipe! This is the easiest restaurant-quality spaghetti to make at home. My son said it is YUMMY!
Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti
Our children gobble carbs faster than I can cook them. One of our favorite baked casseroles is this Spaghetti Pizza Casserole. Since pasta is requested so often, we wanted to develop a delicious crock pot spaghetti recipe. We also have a delicious Crock Pot Lazy Lasagna!
We do have a little family debate on how about how much pasta to use. The adults really like the tomato based sauce and the flavor and moisture that the sauce adds. The kids prefer plain spaghetti. So the kids like to add a whole one pound box of pasta to the meat sauce and the adult-like to add a cup and a half of pasta.
Using the adult spaghetti in the crock pot recipe which is listed below there is enough for our family of four to have dinner and then leftovers for two lunches or after school snacks.
Another pasta dish the adults enjoy is Farmhouse Instant Pot Lasagna which is loaded with vegetables. Sometime I would like to try loading up with crock pot spaghetti with vegetables.
Easy Baked Spaghetti in the Slow Cooker
We’ve learned that how you grow up eating seems to be how you think food should be cooked as an adult.
Growing up we always browned hamburger and made pasta on the stove top. The ingredients were all kept separate and set on the table so that everyone could build their own plate. My husband grew up eating baked spaghetti. I didn’t even know spaghetti could come out of the oven until eating at mother-in-laws.
We enjoy baked spaghetti when it is moist and saucy. That’s the great appeal that making spaghetti in the crock pot has. It’s so much easier to keep spaghetti moist and delicious in the crock pot than in the oven. We all know how easy it is to get distracted and the crock pot has been more forgiving in terms of keeping our spaghetti moist.
Can you Freeze Crock Pot Spaghetti?
Yes! Once crock pot spaghetti has been cooked and cooled, scoop it into zip lock bags or freezer containers. Leave 1/2 of head room in a container or bag. Eliminate as much air as possible to help prevent freezer burn.
I like to freeze in individual portions so that defrosting and reheating can be done more quickly. We grab a lot of frozen meals like this for a quick lunch on the farm.
How To Make Crock Pot Spaghetti
- Brown ground beef well in skillet and place in a greased crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except dry spaghetti to crock and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
- Turn to high the last hour and stir in dry spaghetti.
- Can cook on high about 3 hours and add spaghetti during the last hour.
When my husband made this easy slow cooker spaghetti for the first time he dumped in an entire box of pasta because he didn’t’ think it looked like there was very much pasta. Keep in mind the pasta will swell up as it absorbs liquid and cooks.
Keep in mind the pasta to sauce ratio truly is a personal preference!
Other easy crock pot meals that we enjoy:
- Farmhouse Style Chili
- Crock Pot Stew Meat and Mushrooms in Wine Sauce
- Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Slow Cooker Country Style Ribs with Mushroom Gravy
- Margarita Monday Shredded Pork in the Crock Pot
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole
- No Peek Pork – Country Style Ribs in the Crock Pot
- Crock Pot Swiss Chicken & Stuffing Casserole
We hope you enjoy these meals as much we do!
Printable Crock Pot Spaghetti Recipe
Farmhouse Crock Pot Spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups Fideo cut spaghetti or regular spaghetti broken into 3 - 4" pieces
- Brown ground beef well in skillet and place in a greased crock pot. Add all remaining ingredient except dry spaghetti and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours. Turn to high the last hour and stir in dry spaghetti. Can cook on high about 3 hours and add spaghetti during the last hour.