Easy Taco Pie is a fun twist on traditional tacos. The crescent rolls for a crust make the recipe more filling than regular tacos and this is an easy meal to make for our family.
Taco Pie with Crescent Rolls
Ground beef with taco seasoning covered in cheese is made better when served on a crescent roll crust! When the calendar is full and we are watching the budget we all need some cheap and EASY meals like this Taco Pie.
A common conversation I hear from friends is how we all seem to end up in a mealtime rut. We all want new ideas, but we need EASY ideas. This meal was born from the need to mix up life a little bit, but not so much that the kids won’t eat it. We have a couple picky eaters in our house, so sometimes we go light on the taco seasoning. We also keep the lettuce, tomato and sour cream on the side so that we can each add the amount we desire.
Since part of our livelihood as farmers comes from raising animals we always have plenty of beef and especially ground beef. We are grateful for the opportunity to raise pork, beef and turkey and we’ve always eaten what we produce. So, we enjoyed making this twist on classic tacos from our ground beef.
We also enjoy making this recipe with Pork Taco Meat for another delicious variation!
I’m glad to say we found a winner in this simple recipe!
Taco Tuesday with Easy Taco Pie
Taco Tuesday is popular and fun to talk about, so are pies. So mix the two for a winning meal! We just used a simple glass pie plate at our fiesta.
A similar recipe that wraps up the taco meat in crescent dough is our Taco Crescents.
Other Taco Tuesday favorites include our Low Carb Bell Pepper Taco Dip with Meat and Taco Meatloaf.
How to Make Taco Pie
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and press crescent roll dough into pie pan
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown
- Brown hamburger, add taco seasoning and ketchup
- Layer on baked crust
- Add cheese slices on top and bake until cheese is melted
- Add sour cream, lettuce and tomato to the top of the pie or serve on the side
Other Easy Meal Ideas for Taco Tuesday
Here are a couple other meal ideas that we like to throw in the Taco Tuesday rotation:
- Pasta Taco Shells
- Easy Mexican Casserole.
- 28 Easy Meal Ideas for Families on the Go
- Loaded Taco Burger
- 29 One Pot Recipes
We hope you enjoy these meals as much as we do!
Printable Taco Pie Recipe
Cheap & Easy Meal – Taco Pie
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3/4 pound hamburger
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Press crescent rolls into pie pan. Separate each crescent and shape to match pie pan or quickly lay them out however you like. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Brown hamburger. Add taco seasoning and ketchup. Layer onto baked crust. Place cheese slices on top and bake until cheese is melted.
- Add sour cream, lettuce and tomato to the top of the pie or serve as condiments for picky eaters.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen
I’m definitely on board with an easy meal!
I love easy recipes like this. Thank you for sharing!
Art from my Table
Easy and cheap meals are the best there are!
I needed a quick meal using a pound of ground beef. I’ll make this again. I did use 1 lb. hamburger with taco seasoning prepared as usual & added half the catsup. Worked great
Great! Thanks so much for letting me know!