The easiest ground beef casserole has layers of beef, vegetables, cream of onion soup and baking mix to create a delicious Hamburger Pot Pie.
Ground Beef Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
A rich and creamy ground beef pot pie with plenty of meat, carrots, peas and green beans covered with a layer of Red Lobster Biscuit Mix is some of our best comfort food.
Also known as a Ground Beef Cobbler, there is no stirring necessary in this recipe to make this easy family dinner.
This Ground Beef Pot Pie recipe is typically made in a 9 x 13″ dish but can but cut in half to fit in a pie plate.
Use Bisquick or add even more cheddar flavor with a box of Red Lobster Biscuit Mix. If you want a quick homemade pie topping use the dry ingredients in our Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Why This Hamburger Pot Pie Recipe Works
- A short cut that makes this hamburger pot pie special and so easy is using a box of Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix just like we do in our Chicken Cobbler.
- This creates a wonderful blend of protein, vegetables and carbs in a single meal.
- Serve this easy ground beef casserole with a simple green salad for a dinner the whole family enjoys.
- Not needing to stir saves time and makes a stress free recipe.
- Ground Beef – lean beef, cooked, crumbled and drained.
- Mixed Vegetables – a bag of frozen mixed carrots, peas, corn and green beans.
- Cream of Onion Soup – cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery works well if you enjoy that flavor profile.
- Beef Broth – Better than bouillon takes less space in the kitchen and has a richer taste.
- Bisquick or Red Lobster Biscuit Mix – A flour based mixture that creates the pot pie “crust”.
- Milk – Helps activate the crust and make the casserole a little richer.
- Butter – Slices arranged over top of the baking mix for extra flavor.
Step By Step Instructions
Brown the ground beef and drain.
Pour in the bottom of a 9 x 13″ baking dish.
Open a bag of frozen mixed vegetables and spread over the cooked beef.
Mix together the baking mix and milk.
Be sure to include the packet of seasoning mix if using a box of Red Lobster Biscuit Mix.
Whisk together well. Pour over top of the frozen vegetables and spread out with the back side of a spoon.
Mix together the broth and cream of onion soup.
Pour over the baking mix.
Slice half a stick of butter and lay over the top.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes until the crust is lightly brown and set all the way through.
Allow to set for at least 10 minutes before serving warm. Enjoy!
- Use anywhere from 1 to 2 pounds of ground beef to adjust how meaty the casserole turns out.
- Don’t forget to include the separate packet of seasoning mix in with the flour.
- Cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup make great substitutes to the cream of onion soup which is a more neutral flavor.
- If using Bisquick feel free to add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese to the casserole and seasoned salt or other generous seasonings to the ground beef.
More Easy Casserole Recipes:
Slow Cooker Stuffing and Chicken Casserole combines simple ingredients to make a classic concoction with less than 10 minutes of work.
Pineapple Casserole is a unique cheesy dish that is delish.
Sausage Hashbrown Casserole is a sweet and savory dish for a great brunch.
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes:
Cheesy Beef and Noodle Skillet is a simple skillet meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Farmhouse Chili With Tomato Juice is one of my mom’s best recipes.
Taco Pie with Crescent Rolls is another great recipe to make in a pie dish.
Hamburger Pot Pie
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces mixed vegetables
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 11 ounce box cheddar bay biscuit mix
- 10 ounce can cream of onion soup
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- Cook, crumble and drain ground beef. Layer in the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle frozen vegetables evenly on top.
- Stir biscuit mix and milk together and pour over the vegetables.
- Whisk soup and broth together and pour over the casserole.
- Slice butter and spread out over the casserole.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350℉ for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown and baked through.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.