Buttery and full of herbs creating a more savory flavor this recipe for Bisquick Cheddar Bay Biscuits is delicious.
Cheddar Bay Biscuits With Bisquick Recipe
Soft and fluffy with a pleasant hint of cheddar the herbs and spices make these Bisquick Cheddar Biscuits recipe special. Every time we combine cheese, butter and garlic the end product is amazing!
Crystalizing on the edges, butter makes a perfect crunch to compliment the soft center and create a memorable combination.
Dinner with seafood, chicken or any protein and a green veggie or salad is enhanced with these cheddar bay biscuits with Bisquick.
The dry ingredients in this mixture can be substituted for a box of Red Lobster biscuit mix on our Chicken Cobbler. A box of purchased biscuit mix has about 2 1/4 cups of dry ingredients and this recipe has about 2 cups, so they are very similar for the purpose of making a casserole.
Why This Recipe Works
- Watching warm herb butter coat fresh cheddar biscuits makes your tastebuds smile.
- Once you get the knack of working with cold butter it’s super easy to have Red Lobster Biscuits at home.
- Butter keeps them from tasting dry and is the perfect vehicle to coat the top with even more bold garlic and herb flavors.
- Using a baking mix saves time without sacrificing flavor.
- Bisquick baking mix – A shortcut
- Water – Use as cold of water as you can get out of the faucet.
- Cheddar cheese – Using a block of sharp cheddar cheese and shredding it freshly gives a premium flavor to these biscuits.
- Butter – Shred half a stick and keep it as cold as possible to mix with the Bisquick. Melt the remaining half and mix with herbs to brush on top of warm biscuits.
- Italian Seasoning & Parsley Flakes – Dried herbs mixed in and brushed on top really amp up the flavor.
- Garlic Powder – One of our favorite spices that contributes beautifully to the flavor of this bread.
Step By Step Instructions
Take a stick of butter and grate half of it. Set back in the refrigerator or freezer (for up to 15 minutes) until ready to use.
Lightly grease a jelly roll pan and preheat the oven to 450°F.
Measure out Bisquick, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning into a mixing bowl.
Let water run to become as cold as possible and add to the dry ingredients.
The goal is to keep the butter as cold as possible to create tender biscuits.
Add the cold, shredded cheddar cheese.
Add shreds of butter and be ready to stir and finish the Red Lobster biscuit recipe quickly.
Stir up the batter.
Some pieces of butter will be visible, but there should not be big clumps of butter stuck together.
Create balls of dough or drop on the baking sheet. Do this step fast so butter doesn’t cool too much.
Drop the biscuits onto the baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
While biscuits are baking mix up the remaining spices into the melted butter.
Once they are done baking brush or spoon the butter on top. Serve warm and enjoy!
Drop Biscuits Are Easiest
We tested making drop biscuits and rolling out dough and cutting into circles with a glass.
A tablespoon works fine, but using a large cookie scoop or smaller ice cream scoop can help create drop biscuits of a uniform size.
Dividing the dough into eight equal pieces makes a nice size of biscuit and is much faster than making round ones. This is better for keeping the butter cold and creating a nice, tender crumb.
Tips For Making Cheddar Bay Biscuits With Bisquick
- Using cold butter allows the biscuits to be fluffier and have the more volume
- If butter is shredded ahead of time, place back in fridge to keep cold until needed
- This recipe makes 8 large biscuits, but can easily make more smaller biscuits
More Easy Quick Bread Recipes
Texas Cheese Toast – is another easy way to take your meal from good to great.
Homemade Corn Bread is a classic side to serve with meat all year around.
Easy Carrot Bread with a layer of butter is one of our family favorite quick bread recipes.
Bisquick Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter very cold
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450℉.
- Pour baking mix, cold water, shredded cheddar cheese and biscuit seasonings. Stir together.
- Shred half a stick of very cold butter into the mixture and stir together.
- Quickly create 8 balls of dough and set on a baking sheet. Move fast so the butter doesn't cool too much.
- Place in a preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Melt butter and mix in remaining seasonings. Spread over the top of warm biscuits.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.