Rich, creamy and loaded with chocolate chips this high protein Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough is a trending recipe for good reasons!
Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough Recipe
Popular on TikTok as one of many new high protein recipes this is a nutrient dense dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth! When you crave a warm baked cookie, but want something faster, this Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough recipe is perfect.
Cottage cheese, almond flour and protein powder are the main ingredients and need more flavor added. We always add vanilla extract and then choose maple syrup or honey to suit what we crave.
One of the many popular modern desserts this no-bake cookie dough is easier to make than Nutty Buddy Pie.
Another protein rich favorite main dish is our Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac and Cheese.
Compare to old-fashioned Pineapple Salad with Cottage Cheese which has been popular for being nutrient dense for decades.
- Cottage Cheese – using low fat will help cut down on calories.
- Maple Syrup – we tested this recipe with maple syrup and honey. Whichever sweetener you enjoy plain will likely be your preference in the cookie dough.
- Vanilla Extract – this is an important component to helping flavor the dough.
- Almond Flour – higher in protein than wheat flour and helps make a gluten free dessert.
- Vanilla Protein Powder – protein powder is hard to find plain, so go with the vanilla flavored. It can be tricky to find a small container, so plan to have other uses for a tub that is at least $20.
- Chocolate Chips – we like mini chips as they blend in better, but we’ve tested milk chocolate and semi-sweet and don’t notice a big difference. So, use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
Is this Cookie Dough Healthy?
This is a high calorie dessert, but it is dense with protein, calcium and other good nutrients. Since it is high calorie, small servings eaten sparingly are the best way to be smart.
So enjoying this edible protein powder cookie dough is a better use of calories than a cake or potato chips that have more “empty calories” and offer fewer beneficial nutrients.
Step By Step Instructions
I use a smoothie sized blender cup to blend the cottage cheese, maple syrup and vanilla together.
This step is critical to creating a smooth and creamy cookie dough where you don’t taste the cottage cheese texture.
This mixture should be very smooth. If you need to add a tablespoon or two of milk do so before adding the dry ingredients.
In a medium sized mixing bowl measure out the vanilla protein powder and almond flour.
Add the cottage cheese mixture and stir well.
I always use a mini silicone spatula to get as much liquid out of the blender as possible.
Once the edible cookie dough with protein powder has a consistent texture add mini chocolate chips.
You can add all of the chocolate at this point or reserve some to sprinkle on top before serving.
Stir it all together.
Sprinkling chocolate chips on top adds more eye appeal. Since we eat with our eyes I think that is important.
Enjoy right away or chill before serving.
Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
The cottage cheese is the ingredient with the shortest shelf life, so consider the expiration date before using.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Some use an artificial sweetener like Stevia in place of maple syrup or honey, but we prefer a natural sugar to artificial ones. This is a personal preference.
- I was not able to find plain protein powder, so I always choose vanilla powder. Even when using vanilla powder always add vanilla extract to help carry the flavor through the almond flour.
- This makes a small batch that is easy to store in the refrigerator.
- I prefer maple syrup as the sweetener, my husband prefers honey and others prefer artificial sweetener. The taste that you choose will help flavor the cookie dough and be noticeable.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
White Chocolate Haystacks are so easy and take even less effort when made in a crock pot.
Amish Grape Salad is a cross between a side dish and a dessert that’s cool and refreshing.
Cottage Cheese Cookies are an old-fashioned favorite that create a cake like texture with only six simple ingredients.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie is so simple when you start with a store bought graham cracker crust.
Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Using a blender mix cottage cheese, syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl, add flour and protein powder. Stir well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well. Sprinkle a few on top.
- Chill and enjoy!
- Maple syrup can be substituted for honey or artificial sweetener also works.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.