A rich cream cheese and peanut butter pudding filling surrounded by Nutty Buddy Bars makes this pie special and delicious!
If you like this trending recipe you may also enjoy our Pancake Tacos from Tiktok!
Nutty Buddy Pie Recipe
Sweet and creamy with a nice chocolate peanut butter crunch from the Nutty Buddy Bars this no-bake pie is very attractive!
We love that this recipe is so easy to make! My husband is not an avid cook and he easily put this pie together in about 20 minutes.
Trending on TikTok as a fun Nutty Buddy dessert recipe the presentation really catches your eye! The filling reminds me of our Peanut Butter Pie. It looks fancy like our Cream Puff Cake but is super easy to assemble!
The first time we made this was for my father-in-laws birthday party to serve with the famous Chocolate Box Cake.
Why This Recipe Works:
- This pie looks really cool and will impress guests at the party
- Making a Nutty Buddy dessert is unique and lets people reminisce about having the bars as a kid
- Fun for kids to make for a birthday party for a peanut butter lover
- Easy to customize with holiday specific garnish on top to help fit the occasion
- Part cheesecake, part cake, but mostly pie, whatever you call it this dessert it’s delicious
List of Ingredients
- Nutty Buddy Bars – 2 full boxes work out perfectly for this recipe, I like to buy 3 boxes just to have a little extra for snacking and garnishing the top
- Butter – helps hold the crushed Nutty Buddy bars together to create the bottom crust
- Cream cheese – adds a richness that makes the pudding pie richer, almost like a cheesecake
- Sugar – sweetens all the filling
- Milk – gives the pudding consistency to the filling
- Heavy Whipping Cream – also helps with the pudding consistency but with a little more richness
- Peanut Butter – the main flavor of the center filling
- Instant Vanilla Pudding – adds a little more sweetness and a light vanilla flavor
- Vanilla – helps enhance all of the other flavors
- Whipped Cream – a can of squirty whipped cream is great for making star shaped garnishes around the edge of the pie
- Chocolate Syrup – drizzle across the top of the pie or across each piece
Step By Step Instructions
Use a large gallon sized self sealing bag and crush 5 packages of Nutty Buddy Bars.
We use a rolling pin to help break into small pieces.
Melt butter and stir into crumbs in a mixing bowl.
Press crust in the bottom of a 9 1/2 inch spring form pan.
Precisely cut Nutty Buddy Bars in half.
Place the cut side down and top of the bars towards the outer edge of the pan. Press gently into the moist crust.
In a large mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
Add in peanut butter, milk, and heavy cream. Mix well.
Pour in packet of instant pudding and mix again.
Carefully pour filling into Nutty Buddy lined pan. Try to avoid getting filling on top of the bars.
Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours until set.
Drizzle chocolate syrup and chopped bars or peanut butter chocolate candy like Reese’s Cups on top.
Garnish with whipped cream and remove outer ring of pan just before serving.
Storage & Transporting Tips
Store covered with foil in the refrigerator. Keep chilled as long as possible before serving as the cake will soften and slide side ways while being cut.
Pie will last 1 – 2 days in the refrigerator as the filling soaks into and softens the Nutty Buddy bars over time.
Wait to apply whipped cream until ready to serve.
Do not remove the outside of the springform pan until ready to serve to protect the pie while transporting and storing.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Quantities of ingredients are calculated to fit perfectly in a 9″ or 9 1/2″ springform pan
- For best results make pie the same day you serve it as the bars get soggy over time
- Some people don’t notice the bottom crust and miss scooping it out – offer assistance as needed
Do I Have To Use A Springform Pan?
A springform pan gives this recipe the striking look, but is not required.
The crust can be spread in a 9 x 13″ or slightly smaller pan. If using a smaller pan then the bars will need to be cut to different lengths to form the outer ring. You may also need a different amount
Do the Generic Nutty Buddy Bars Work?
Word on the street is that the generic ones from Aldi don’t taste quite as good as the name brand Little Debbie ones. But you can evaluate them by buying a box of each and doing some taste testing.
More Easy No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Peanut Butter Balls have Rice Krispie cereal and are coated in chocolate to make Christmas dessert trays even more magical!
Black Forest Pie has an Oreo crust, chocolate pudding layer, Cool Whip and is topped with cherry pie filling for layers of flavor.
Pineapple Pretzel Salad is another simple yet sophisticated dessert that we enjoy sharing.
Our Big Batch of Dirt Cake is super popular for big parties.
No-Bake Nutty Buddy Pie
- 24 ounces Nutty Buddy bars 2 boxes
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Unwrap 5 packs (10 bars) Nutty Buddy bars. Place in a large self sealing bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour crumbs into a medium mixing bowl. Add melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9 1/2 inch spring form pan in an even layer.
- Carefully cut remaining Nutty Buddy bars in half. Arrange in a ring along the inside of the spring form pan. Put cut side down and bottom side of bars in.
- In a large mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add milk, heavy cream and peanut butter and mix well.
- Add instant vanilla pudding mix and mix well.
- Pour into spring form pan and refrigerate 4 – 6 hours until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and chopped mini Reeses cups if desired.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.