This brunch recipe idea is perfect to serve to overnight guests. The high protein bacon, eggs, cheese and potato brunch cups can be warmed easily if the guests wake up at different times.
Brunch Egg in Muffin Cups
We love bacon and eggs for breakfast. Potatoes are a favorite to mix in any meal of the day. These bacon and egg cups are similar to our Sausage and Hashbrown Casserole in that they give us all of our favorite breakfast foods in one bite.
A friend shared this recipe with us. We make it when we have guests over, which is perfect for people who wake up to eat at different times. Of course, this tastes great warm, but it also tastes great warmed up. We need versatile food like this for a casual brunch or breakfast.
It had never occurred to us that an egg (one of our favorite breakfast items) would fit perfectly into a muffin tin like this with our other favorite breakfast items. We love serving these with Oatmeal Waffles.
High Protein Snack Idea
There are a couple of other things we like about this recipe, as farmers, we raise or know people that raise all of the ingredients! Secondly, my husband popped in one morning and heated up a couple of these for a portable snack to give him the power to finish up his chores with the animals before running errands to pick-up farm supplies. We all enjoyed these bacon, eggs, cheese and potato brunch cups!
We might try these brunch cups next time with scrambled eggs. Either way, they are delicious!
Here is another snack idea with bacon that our family enjoys, Bacon and Cheese Quesadillas. We hope you enjoy these recipes with bacon as much as we do!
More EASY BREAKFAST CASSEROLES:
- Egg & Sausage Casserole
- Farmhouse Egg & Sausage Bake
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- Everything Bagel and Sausage Casserole
Printable Brunch in a Muffin Cup Recipe
Bacon, Eggs, Cheese & Potato Brunch Cups
- 12 oz shredded hash browns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese reserve 1/4 c.
- 4 slices bacon chopped or crumbled
- 12 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin tins.
- Mix hash browns, salt, pepper, oil and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Divide among 12 cups in muffin tin and press in the bottom. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toasty.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Crack an egg into each of the cups. Top with bacon and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 13-16 minutes (or until the eggs are as firm as you like them). Slide a knife along the edges to remove from pan when cooled.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.