This light and creamy Peanut Butter Pie is the perfect dessert for casual meals or a fancy holiday spread! Only five common ingredients make this pie super easy and super delicious!
Non-Chocolate Dessert Ideas
Peanut butter is mixed with cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped topping and then spread in a prepared graham cracker crust. My husband remembers an uncle bringing a peanut butter pie to family holiday gatherings as a kid. He recalls that pie being really rich and heavy. Our family enjoys this recipe because it is a lighter peanut butter pie that is still delicious!
My mom saved from the newspaper decades ago. This cream pie recipe is a keeper because it seriously takes ten minutes or less to whip up if the cream cheese is softened and the whipped topping has been thawed.
Easier Than Amish Peanut Butter Pie
I love visiting Holmes County Ohio, also known as Amish Country. The rolling hills, large homes without electricity and farm equipment without rubber tires are fascinating to take in. When we get the chance to make a trip another highlight is the distinct style of food. Peanut butter cream pie is often on the menu at good Amish restaurants.
This is the closest version of an Amish cream pie that I’ve made at home. The prepared graham cracker crust is the only difference and for the time saved, frankly, I think the difference is minuscule. Ten minutes – there’s not many pie recipes that can be made in ten minutes!
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Cream Pie
- Planning ahead is key to being able to mix up this pie in ten minutes
- Soften cream cheese for easy mixing and to maintain a smooth, creamy pie
- Thaw cool whip for easy mixing and to create a smooth, even consistency
- Invert the clear cover on top of a prepared graham cracker pie crust to use as the pie covering
- Garnish with strawberries or chocolate shavings
How Long Does No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Last?
Since this recipe contains frozen whipped topping I recommend eating it within two days. Be sure to keep refrigerated for food safety and to help prolong the life of the whipped topping.
What to Eat With a Peanut Butter Pie
- Sloppy Jane Sandwiches
- Farmhouse Crock Pot Spaghetti
- Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
Printable Recipe for Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 8 ounce whipped topping thawed
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Beat cream cheese with sugar and peanut butter. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into graham cracker crust and chill.