This sheet pan meal with smoked sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes is a easy way to make dinner for the family.
My husband loves Kielbasa and we all enjoy roasted vegetables, so this is a great family meal idea that’s made on one easy baking sheet in 30 minutes!
Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage Peppers, Onions and Potatoes
Each bite of Kielbasa or smoked sausage has a smoky and fulfilling flavor. Slices of red, yellow and orange bell peppers make the meal beautiful and add a sweetness to each bite. Tender onions have a slight crunch and potatoes help you feel satisfied while packing in more nutrients.
Whenever we can get a whole meal with protein, vegetables and a starch to fit on one baking sheet we are happy! This is one of our family’s super easy recipes that we like to make on busy weeknights when everyone is on the go.
We have a similar Kielbasa, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes Skillet, Sausage and Potatoes Skillet and Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Skillet, but I like how using the oven feels a little more hands off. I don’t think you spend as much time watching a sheet pan as you do a skillet meal.
Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Veggies
The reason my family loves making sheet pan meals is that they are easy and taste great! No one wants to waste time in the kitchen and frankly, we can’t afford to eat out every night, so sheet pan meals fit our lifestyle very well.
Once the vegetables have been washed and cut this meal only takes ten minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to roast. This could be a complete meal, but we like to add rice and a salad.
There are so many variations of ingredients that work well. We like to use whatever veggies we have on hand like zucchini, mushrooms and broccoli.
What is a sheet pan meal?
A sheet pan meal consists of ingredients that all fit on one baking sheet and take the same amount of time to bake or roast.
Sheet pan meals are popular because they often only require one large baking sheet or sheet pan. This minimizes the amount of dishes and time spent cleaning up.
When colorful vegetables are used the presentation is beautiful. Serving a sheet pan meal is easy because a turner can be added to the baking sheet and set in the middle of the table so everyone can easily serve themselves.
Sheet pan meals are also a great way to use up any extra meat, vegetables or potatoes that you may have in the refrigerator.
Tips and Tricks
- I prefer a bottle of spray olive oil as it is easier to use a small amount of oil compared to using bulk oil
- Using an oven roast setting works well, but this is also very similar to a convection oven setting
- Frozen hash browns can be used or fresh potatoes can be cut into small cubes; potatoes must be par-cooked alone on the sheet before adding vegetables
- Make sure vegetables, potatoes and sausage are stacked in an even, single layer on the baking sheet to ensure even cooking
How to Make Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet or sheet pan with foil for easy clean up.
Lightly coat the potatoes with oil, salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
Cubes of potato or hashbrowns need to go in the oven for about ten minutes to partially cook before the other veggies begin baking. Roast or bake for 10 minutes while prepping other vegetables.
Pile vegetables in the middle of the baking sheet. Either spray veggies with oil or add a couple tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and toss the pile of vegetables to ensure light coating.
Spread out the vegetables on the pan and sprinkle granulated garlic, salt and pepper over top. Roast or convection bake the vegetables in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Push the vegetables and potatoes together a little bit to create a space to add the smoked sausage coins to the baking sheet. Return to the oven until the sausage is warm or slightly browned and the vegetables are cooked to the desired doneness.
Serve warm and enjoy!
More Great Recipes with Sausage
My husband has a German heritage, so he LOVES sausage. Here are a couple other of his favorite recipes featuring sausage:
- Simple Pork and Sauerkraut
- One Skillet Shepherd’s Pie
- Instant Pot Sausage, Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
- Sausage Fried Rice
We hope you enjoy these meals as much as we do!
Printable Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes Recipe
Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked sausage cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup red pepper
- 3/4 cup orange pepper
- 3/4 cup yellow pepper sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Clean and cut vegetables.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes. Lightly mist with spary oil or toss with a teaspoon or two of vegetable oil. Add a few shakes of granulated garlic, salt and pepper to the potatoes. Roast at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Add a single layer of remaining vegetables. Lightly coat vegetables with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Add sausage and roast or convection back for up to 10 more minutes until vegetables are desired doneness. Smoked sausage is precooked, so it only needs to be heated through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Originally published on April 2, 2018 with pictures updated on March 18, 2021.