This is an easy hamburger and tater tot casserole with green beans that has great flavor. We like making this recipe in our new casserole slow cooker.
Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipe
A few basic ingredients that we always have in the house, ground beef, frozen green beans, cream of mushroom soup, shredded cheese and frozen tater tots make this recipe simple.
This recipe works especially well for us because we have several two-pound packages of ground beef in the freezer since we raise cattle.
We also like a big recipe for when people come over or just to have lots of leftovers for lunch. This is also a great freezer meal! Since my goal was to fill my slow cooker to the max I wasn’t able to use an entire bag of green beans or carrots, so just adjust to fit the quantity and type of food that your people prefer.
I’m a bit ashamed to admit it’s May and this is the first recipe we made in our new casserole slow cooker, that we got for Christmas. But, it can be hard to change up the routine and try new things. Please tell me I’m not alone in that struggle?!? I want to tell you this casserole slow cooker was great and very convenient, so if you don’t already have one it would make a great gift or treat for yourself.
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
Hamburger Stuffed Shells are hearty and filling. This is an easy recipe that makes plenty of leftovers.
Hot Bacon Salad Dressing makes spinach taste so much better and makes a great addition to many meals!
No-Peek Chicken is a simple spin on chicken and rice and can be made in the oven or crock pot.
Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut is an easy meal on a budget. The combo pairs well in a casserole or with the sauerkraut topping the hot dog in a bun.
Printable Slow Cooker Hamburger and Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Hamburger and Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 9 ounces frozen green beans
- 9 ounces frozen carrots
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2 pound bag seasoned tater tots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown ground beef and mix in salt and pepper.
- Spread browned ground beef evenly over the bottom of a greased casserole shaped slow cooker.
- Add an even layer of green beans and carrots then spread soup on the vegetables. Add a thick layer of cheese and arrange tater tot on top.
- Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that casserole is cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.