Comfort food on the farm looks like this Easy Cheesy Hamburger and Noodle Casserole! This ground beef casserole has noodles, cream of mushroom soup, celery, pizza sauce and shredded cheese. This casserole is SO easy to make, and one of the BEST meals my family eats!
Easy Hamburger and Noodle Casserole with Mushroom Soup
Our family craves meals with beef like this when the weather is cool. A warm casserole with a protein, noodles, can of soup and a couple other simple ingredients in a recipe hits our family menu on a regular basis!
Even when we have to eat a couple hours apart this ground beef casserole can stay warm covered in foil. After working outside a classic hot dish casserole is always appreciated by my farmer!
Sometimes we like to mix up the ingredients for our casserole and put it in the refrigerator overnight. We always use a basic casserole dish with a lid. The next day we will add a little more sauce to the top and sprinkle with cheese before baking.
If you like this recipe you may also enjoy our Kielbasa, Cabbage and Noodles meal!
Best Ground Beef Casserole
Ground beef casseroles are so practical. We will cook several pounds of hamburger at a time and mix up a few casseroles to save time. Little things like this save a lot of time in the kitchen but still enable us to enjoy home-cooked meals throughout the week.
Hands down the best ground beef casseroles are covered in cheese and possibly bacon. Our Italian Bacon Cheeseburger Pie is packed with tremendous flavor, but it’s so easy to make. Bacon really keeps our Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf moist! Another classic ground beef casserole in a pie plate is Cheap and Easy Taco Pie.
Plenty of sauce will help prevent beef casseroles from drying out. Our Upside Down Pizza Casserole has pizza sauce to keep it juicy. Cream of mushroom soup keeps our Hamburger and Tater Tot Casserole moist as it cooks in a crock pot.
We’re farmers so we use beef that is raised on our farm, but we also buy a lot of groceries and know that we’re supporting local farmers when we shop at large grocery stores like Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club and Kroger. We’re all connected and food comes from farms.
Farmhouse hamburger and noodle casserole makes about 6 to 8 servings. We also liked the crunch that the celery adds to this recipe. Of course, we used our scan pan to brown the hamburger.
Can This Ground Beef Casserole be Frozen?
Yes! Allow the casserole to cool after being baked and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil if freezing the entire dish. I prefer to put individual servings in zip lock bags or in freezer containers so a quick lunch can be taken to work and reheated. Sometimes I like to freeze family size portions in a larger freezer container.
Some additional tomato sauce or cheese may be added to keep the noodles moist as they are reheated.
How to Make Hamburger Casserole with Egg Noodles
- Brown hamburger and season with salt and pepper
- Cook noodles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and place in a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes.
Other Easy Casserole Recipes:
- Spaghetti Pizza Casserole
- Everything Bagel and Sausage Casserole
- Upside Down Pizza Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Crock Pot Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Easy Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Country Style Scalloped Corn Casserole
- Pork Chop and Stuffing Casserole
- Easy Mexican Casserole
- Sausage Pizza Bubble up Casserole.
Printable Hamburger and Noodle Casserole Recipe
Hamburger and Noodle Casserole from the Farmhouse
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 ounces noodles
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown hamburger and season with salt and pepper while browning.
- Cook noodles.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and place in 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.