A gourmet flavor that’s so easy to mix up at home this Bacon Butter will make your taste buds smile!
Bacon Butter Recipe
Adding quality flavors and ingredients like freshly crumbled bacon, blue cheese, sage and honey to butter creates upscale food at home. Bring bold flavors like these to make an appetizer taste so much better.
Once your butter is softened to room temperature this compound bacon butter recipe is so easy to whip together in just five minutes.
Freshly crumbled bacon is the secret that makes this butter so memorable. Fresh sage gives depth and an upscale herb flavor. Blue cheese pairs so well with steak or a crusty bread and blends in to the bacon butter so well!
The first time I made this we slathered it on warm English muffins for breakfast and used the extra on top of grilled steaks or burgers. Now we love adding small slices of sourdough bread to an Easy Charcuterie Board!
Gourmet Butter Recipe
I usually have all of the ingredients on hand except for fresh sage and bakery fresh bread.
So this gourmet butter recipe is simple to mix up on a whim.
Gourmet butters are a popular culinary trend. Whether you dial up the flavor on a burger or spread gourmet butter on a board in a fun shape this recipe is infused with so much flavor!
We like that the butters can be mixed up, stored in the refrigerator and served at a party or throughout the week.
Ingredients Needed To Make Compound Butter:
- Butter – choose a high quality unsalted butter
- Bacon – cooked and crumbed bacon yields maximum flavor
- Blue cheese – small crumbles that won’t all stick together work best
- Sage – use the fresh herb and julienne the sage before stirring in
- Honey – adds a pop of sweetness
- Salt – I prefer kosher salt
- Use unsalted butter so you can season to your own tastes
- Ensure that butter is at room temperature before mixing
- Use plastic wrap to roll or shape the butter however you please
- Or serve in small bowls
- Or spread onto a small board in a shape appropriate for the holidays
- Twist the plastic wrap at the ends to seal and keep fresh
- Refrigerate for at least 1 – 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld
Step By Step Instructions
Allow butter to soften to room temperature. Do not use the microwave to soften as the butter needs to soften uniformly.
Place butter in a glass mixing bowl and whip to ensure it is all soft.
Pour in the freshly cooked and crumbled bacon.
Then add crumbles of blue cheese and spread them out over the bacon as best you can before mixing.
Then sprinkle the salt over the top.
Drizzle on the honey.
And sprinkle the sage in the bowl too.
Use a hand held mixer to beat all of the ingredients together.
How To Store Extra Bacon Butter
Roll into a log and store the log wrapped in parchment paper or plastic wrap.
I like to use a wooden board covered in plastic wrap so that I have a firm, but portable surface to work with.
Roll it up sealing with the plastic wrap. Or create the shape of your choice!
Twist the ends and then fold them underneath the log.
Place the roll in a self sealing bag in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for up to a month.
More Upscale Recipes That Are Easy to Make at Home
Zucchini Casserole Layered with Stuffing Mix has lots of flavors, but a few shortcuts to make it an easy casserole to make at home.
Magic Cookie Bars are always popular at Christmas, but we love them all year around. They taste fancy, but are so easy to throw together!
Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole is irresistible because of all the bacon and cheese! If there’s any leftovers they reheat really well too.
Tik Tok Cinnamon Rolls have heavy whipping cream poured about rolls from a can. My kids make this recipe because it’s so simple, but tastes so much like a sweet shop at the mall.
Printable Blue Cheese Butter Recipe
Gourmet Bacon Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon finely crumbled
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Beat butter in a medium sized mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop into a serving dish or transfer onto plastic wrap.
- Shape into a roll and twist both ends to seal.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Originally published April 23, 2018 with pictures updated on October 6, 2022.