Flavorful and satisfying our Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe has generous amounts of beef and bell peppers with tomatoes, onion and cauliflower rice.
This delightful combination of meat and vegetables makes a quick family meal.
Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
Also known as hamburger pepper soup, this easy soup recipe is dairy and gluten free. Typically made with rice, the riced cauliflower looks like the traditional grain, but has fiber instead of carbs.
A little sweet from the orange and yellow bell peppers, meaty with lots of beef and so memorable this soup is perfect for busy week night dinners.
Just like our Low Carb Sausage Stuffed Peppers and Pizza Stuffed Peppers whether you’re eating low carb, Paleo, Whole 30, keto or not you’ll still LOVE this meal!
I like to mix in some green pepper, but the most beautiful flavors come from the yellow and orange bell peppers. It’s fine to use red bell peppers, but you don’t really see those as much because tomatoes color the soup. Just use the equivalent of two whole peppers with any combination of colors that you have or enjoy!
Easier than our Vegetable Beef Soup and Pasta E Fagioli this is one of my favorite soup recipes!
Why This Recipe Works:
- Heavy on fresh vegetables and meat this bell pepper soup is very satisfying and healthy
- Serve with a simple green salad and piece of crusty bread and dinner is complete
- Flavorful and easy gluten free meal for those with dietary needs
- Leftovers reheat and freeze well making meal prep easier
- If you love colorful peppers you’ll love the look and taste of this bell pepper soup
- This recipe is a great way to use up a lot of bell peppers after making a Vegetable Tray or when the garden is bountiful
- Can be made on the stove top or in a slow cooker
- Ground Beef – one pound of lean ground beef is so savory and perfect in this soup.
- Bell Peppers – we like to use yellow and orange bell peppers, but different colors will slightly change the flavor of the soup so use your favorite combination of bell peppers.
- Riced Cauliflower – a bag of frozen cauliflower rice works well, use half of the bag to start, then add more as you like.
- Onion – a white, yellow or sweet onion all work fine and add depth of flavor to the soup.
- Diced Tomatoes – can use fresh, frozen or canned along with any of the juice available.
- Tomato Sauce – a can is easy to use, but if pasta sauce works as a substitute if necessary.
- Chicken Broth – the flavored liquid that helps create the soup, beef broth works well too.
- Seasoned Salt, Granulated Garlic & Pepper – easy ways to add flavor and make the soup taste more interesting.
Fastest Method – Stove Top
Brown the beef and throw everything in a large pot and cook on medium low heat at a simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Can This Soup Be Made In A Crock Pot?
Another super simple option is to toss all ingredients including cooked ground beef in a crock pot.
Cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Stir occasionally. Serve warm and enjoy!
How to Make Low Carb Stuffed Pepper Soup
Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat.
Drain any excess fat.
Add cooked beef to a large pot on the stove.
Then add chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chopped onion, cauliflower rice, granulated garlic, seasoned salt and pepper.
Stir seasonings in well.
I usually let all of these ingredients begin to cook while I chop the bell peppers and then add the to the pot.
Stir it all together!
Cover and cook for 20 – 30 minutes on medium low heat.
Serve when peppers and onions are softened.
Should the Ground Beef Be Cooked First?
Yes – the ground beef should be cooked and the fat drained before adding into the soup. Removing any excess fat helps make the soup healthier.
The soup can cook quickly in 15 – 30 minutes when the meat is already browned.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Use the equivalent of 2 bell peppers, we usually have lots of green peppers from the garden so we’ll use 1/4 to 1/3 chopped green bell pepper, but the majority of the peppers should be orange, yellow or red for a sweeter more pleasant flavor
- Can add other vegetables you have on hand like carrots, peas or green beans if necessary
- Can substitute pasta sauce for spaghetti sauce if you don’t have it in the pantry
- We prefer petite diced tomatoes, but a can of regular diced tomatoes works fine too
- Better than bouillon is a great alternative to a can of chicken broth
- We get a side of beef so we always have plenty of meat in the freezer and this is one of our favorite ground beef recipe ideas
More Easy Family Meal Ideas
Hot Chicken Salad Casserole is an old-fashioned favorite that uses cooked chicken to make a warm meal.
Pulled Pork Sliders are one of our favorite little sandwiches for a quick meal or appetizer for parties.
Pig Wings make a unique and flavorful meal or meaty snack!
Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and drain ground beef.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large pot and cook over medium or medium low heat for 20 – 30 minutes until peppers and onions are softened and tomato sauce is allowed to simmer.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply