These Pizza Stuffed Bell Peppers are meaty, cheesy and look even more delicious with pepperoni and olives on top! If you love supreme pizza or pizza with everything, you’ll love this stuffed bell pepper recipe!
Pizza Stuffed Peppers Recipe
All the goodness of pizza without a crust and some extra green peppers is how yummy this easy dinner idea tastes to me!
I love all of the pizza inspired meals like our Crock Pot Pizza Casserole, Stromboli and Pizza Sliders. Our low carb stuffed pizza peppers are a combo of these flavors and our popular Sausage & Cream Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers.
Common ingredients ground beef, Italian sausage, pizza sauce, cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, pepperoni, onions and olives taste so good inside green bell peppers!
We love the more dynamic flavors that come with mixing ground beef and sausage with spices. Meat is the most prominent flavor and then you can pretty well mix-in any other ingredients that sound good!
What Can Be Mixed In To Stuffed Pizza Peppers?
- 1 cup of cooked rice or cooked and chopped spaghetti mix in to make the meal more filling. About 1/4 to 1/2 cup of more sauce is necessary when adding starches or carbs.
- Diced tomatoes, when I have extra from the garden I love mixing them in.
- Chopped up mushrooms can be used in addition to OR in place of some of the meat.
- Parmesan cheese can be stirred in or sprinkled on top before adding mozzarella cheese.
- Marinara sauce or a sweeter sauce can help offset the green, grassy flavor of the bell pepper.
- Ground beef
- Italian sausage
- Pizza sauce
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sliced pepperoni
How to Make Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers
Brown meat in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain any extra grease.
Return skillet to the burner and turn to medium heat. Add chopped onions and stir until softened.
Stir in the pizza sauce.
Then cut cream cheese into blocks or strips. Stir well until the cream cheese is softened and there’s an even mixture.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top.
Stir once more and then spoon into bell peppers.
Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the meat filling.
Then top with pepperoni and olives.
Cover with foil for the first 20 – 30 minutes of baking. This allows the cheese to melt and peppers to begin softening.
Remove foil for the last 10 – 15 minutes to allow cheese and peppers to brown a bit on the edges.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Red, yellow or orange bell peppers make the meal is little sweeter and milder than the green peppers.
- Mini peppers can be used, but sub mini pepperonis.
- I like to cut pepper in half to save time filling and baking, but coring and filling an entire bell pepper is also an option.
- 350°F is a safer temperature to bake at to avoid burning. 375°F will decrease cooking time about 5 – 10 minutes if you’re in a hurry to eat!
- Keep peppers in an even layer with an equal amount of space between them to help bake evenly.
Crock Pot Option
These pizza stuffed peppers can also be made in the crock pot on low for two to three hours to soften the pepper and allow the flavors to all cook together.
More Easy Weeknight Meals:
Chicken Supreme is a great chicken and rice dish with a sherry wine, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup sauce.
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs are so tender and can be served with so many quick starches and veggies.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is another combo meal with delicious meat and cheese all baked together.
Creamy Pizza Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 5 green bell pepper halved & cleaned
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- Cook meat and drain.
- Return meat to skillet over medium heat and add onions. Cook until onions are tender.
- Stir in pizza sauce. Then add slices or cubes of cream cheese. Stir well until the cheese is mixed into the meat evenly.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and then spoon into bell pepper halves.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Then place pepperoni and olives on top of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 10 – 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the peppers are a bit softened. Serve warm and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.