The best Pepperoni Pizza Sliders recipe adds a sweet Italian glaze to Hawaiian rolls layered with sauce, slices of cheese and pepperoni.
The Best Pizza Slider Recipe
Homemade pizza sliders are one of our favorite appetizers or meals because they are full of flavor! With a buttery, brown sugar glaze seasoned with oregano and garlic powder these sliders are irresistible!
With multiple layers of pepperoni and provolone cheese the filling is hearty! The slider rolls make these pizzas easier to eat and hold in your hand.
These basic Air Fryer Pizza Sliders are how I got through college. Toasting the bread with a bit of butter, using Hawaiian rolls and a sweet glaze take flavors to the next level. I enjoy a pizza sub at restaurants and bars, but prefer the cost savings of making these at home.
- Hawaiian roll slider buns
- Pizza sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Slices of provolone cheese
- Deli style pepperoni
- Pizza pepperoni
- Brown sugar
- Crushed oregano
- Granulated garlic
Customizing the Sliders
To add mushrooms, onions, peppers or others vegetables containing fiber to the sliders be sure to pre-cook the veggies. Slice or chop and then saute or roast before sprinkling over the top layer of cheese.
Cooked and crumbled sausage or bacon bits make more meat lovers toppings and add more protein.
Your favorite pizza toppings can be added as the top layer just under the top of the bun.
How To Make Pizza Sliders
Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil. Use a long knife to slice the slider rolls or buns in half. Place bottom half of rolls in a foil lined 9×13 baking dish or a baking sheet.
Place in a 350F oven for about 5 minutes until the bottom half of the rolls are lightly brown. While rolls are browning I like to prep my glaze and the remaining ingredients.
Use a spoon or spatula to spread a thin layer of pizza sauce evenly over the bottom of the rolls. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the sauce.
Add a layer of provolone cheese.
Then add a layer of larger sandwich pepperoni. There should be about one pepperoni centered on each roll in case you want any to enjoy pull apart sliders.
Next add another layer of cheese.
Finally coat with smaller pepperonis typically used on pizza. The open faced sliders can be placed in the oven for the cheese to soften at this point if desired, but I typically just add the top of the rolls.
In a small bowl melt the butter and stir in brown sugar and remaining glaze ingredients. Sugar should dissolve completely.
Spoon or use a silicone brush to apply melted butter mixture to the top of the rolls.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the top of the rolls are lightly browned.
Use a bench scraper to cut into individual mini sandwiches or pull apart and enjoy!
- Shredded Italian or mozzarella cheese may be used, but may be a bit more difficult to get melted in the center. Could partially melt before adding top half of sliders and glaze.
- Sliced mozzarella works very well in this recipe and is lower in fat than provolone.
- Using two different types of pepperoni gives more diversity in flavors. One type may be used if that’s what you have on hand.
- Pizza sauce may be substituted for marinara sauce.
- Using granulated garlic or garlic powder instead of garlic salt helps decrease the amount of sodium in the recipe.
- Other types of slider rolls work well too, but may require more toppings and more glaze.
Other Easy Slider Recipes:
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders use ground beef and chopped green peppers, onion and mushrooms to make a tasty sandwich!
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders are an easy way to put a spin on a classic meal at home!
Ham & Cheese Sliders from my friend at The Recipe Life.
Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Sliders use slices of chicken deli meat with bacon and ranch flavors to create a masterpiece.
More Appetizers for a Party:
The Best Cocktail Meatballs have been one of my mom’s favorite appetizers for holiday and sports parties for years!
Potato Chip Dip is the easiest homemade snack I didn’t learn about until my 30s!
Farmhouse Stromboli is another pizza appetizer that is easy to make and is always eaten quickly!
Chicken Parmesan Pizza is enjoyable, easy to make and perfect finger food for a party.
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 9 ounces Provolone cheese about 11 – 12 slices
- 1 1/2 ounces Pepperoni deli style – 12 slices
- 3 ounces Pepperoni for pizza
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13" baking dish with foil.
- Slice rolls in half and spread butter on inside of bottom layer. Place bottom half in baking dish and lightly brown in the oven – takes about 5 minutes.
- Spread sauce in a thin layer on bottom of rolls. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Add six slices of provolone cheese. Then top with 6 slices of larger deli style pepperoni.
- Add remaining 5 or 6 slices of cheese. Finally add a layer of remaining pepperonis. Place top half on sliders.
- Melt butter and stir in brown sugar, granulated garlic and oregano until dissolved. Spoon or brush over the top of the sliders.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and rolls are lightly browned on top. Serve warm and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.