Tender bell peppers with a little crunch pair perfectly with tangy chicken to create these delicious Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
There are so many ways to make chicken stuffed peppers and Buffalo chicken stuffed peppers is the most popular!
If you enjoy buffalo chicken dip and the flavor of a roasted pepper then you’ll love the way this dish combines these so beautifully. This Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers recipe is a great way to serve dip without the chips.
The hot sauce, cream cheese and cheddar cheese really amp up the flavors in chicken in great ways.
The same dip in our Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups is a perfect blend of creaminess with a hint of spicy from the combination of cream cheese and hot sauce.
Baking the dip in a bell pepper adds a crunchy new texture and natural sweetness that is enjoyable.
Why This Recipe Works
- Only 6 ingredients make a fast dinner with less than 10 minutes of prep time.
- Leftovers reheat well throughout the week and freeze nicely too.
- Can stuff full size peppers for a meal or mini peppers for appetizers.
- Leftover turkey or chicken can be chopped up and work great in these stuffed peppers.
- Cooked Chicken – A rotisserie chicken shredded and chopped, a can of chicken drained and fluffed or a whole chicken all work fine.
- Bell Peppers – We prefer green bell peppers with a more basic flavor than the sweeter red, yellow or orange.
- Hot Sauce – Can sub for Buffalo sauce if you prefer a more mild stuffed pepper.
- Ranch Dressing – Adds a special flavor and creaminess that’s wonderful.
- Cream Cheese – A richness that makes these earthy peppers more enjoyable.
- Cheddar Cheese – I like to measure with my heart, a thick layer on top is delish!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip Stuffed Peppers
Put 28 ounces of drained shredded chicken or turkey in a skillet over medium high heat.
Add the ranch dressing and hot sauce and stir it up.
I like to slice up the cream cheese to make it easier to melt and mix in.
Shred and sprinkle on half of the cheddar cheese.
Stir until mixed well and then spoon into bell peppers that are cleaned and cut in half.
Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350℉ for 25 to 30 minutes until the peppers are tender and the cheese is beginning to brown.
Store leftover stuffed peppers in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- We like cutting the peppers in half and baking them open-faced instead of filling from the top. This method allows for a better balance of meat to bell pepper.
- A simple layer of cheddar cheese is our favorite recipe as it is easiest to make, but crumbles of blue cheese, drizzles of ranch dressing or other garnishes can be added to make a fancier looking meal.
- Mini peppers can be filled with a tablespoon or two of filling and only take 10 to 15 minutes to bake.
More Easy Weeknight Meals:
TikTok Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie – has a layer of golden brown tater tots on top of a creamy chicken and veggie mixture.
Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup – bursts with flavor and is a good one to get the kids involved with helping wash and chop tomatoes.
Cube Steak – has a wonder brown mushroom gravy that is so easy and full of flavor.
Kielbasa and Noodle Casserole with corn and sour cream is a simple and unique meal.
Instant Pot Country Ribs are so tender and coated in BBQ sauce for pure delight.
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Peppers
- 4 bell peppers
- 4 cups shredded chicken or 28 oz canned
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese divided
- Cut peppers in half and clean out the center. Lay in a 9 x 13" baking dish and preheat oven to 350℉.4 bell peppers
- Finely shred and chop chicken, or drain a can of chicken or turkey and fluff with a fork. Add meat to a skillet over medium high heat.4 cups shredded chicken
- Add ranch dressing and hot sauce and stir well.1/2 cup hot sauce, 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Then slice cream cheese and sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese on the chicken. Stir well.8 ounces cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Spoon mixture into bell peppers and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes uncovered until the peppers are desired tenderness.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.