Hearty shredded chicken mixed with cream cheese, Buffalo sauce and a few simple ingredients create these delicious Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups. This recipe is one of our favorite easy lunch or party snacks!
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups Recipe
Cool, creamy ranch, cream cheese, sour cream and Buffalo sauce mixed with a nice serving of shredded chicken and topped off with a little kick that makes every bite more flavorful perfectly describes our Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups.
After testing multiple times our crowd is split on whether Buffalo chicken rolls are best warm or cold.
Whenever we take Buffalo Chicken Dip to family gatherings it is gobbled up very quickly! Since this dish is so popular we created Buffalo Bacon Cauliflower. Having a delicious Buffalo flavored appetizer and side dish we realized we were just missing an easy lunch idea.
Buffalo chicken is a familiar flavor and often reminds us of party food. With the kids home every day for lunch our daughter thinks these little mini sandwiches or baby Buffalo chicken wraps make mealtime more fun!
My husband prefers a full size Buffalo chicken wrap, but the kids like to slice into smaller pieces or pinwheels.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
These buffalo roll ups or wraps make a delicious appetizer of an easy handheld lunch!
My husband grew up on a Turkey Farm and is now involved with both of our family’s farms. As a farming family, we need quick and easy lunch ideas like this Buffalo Chicken Dip Wrap that may be served in the field.
When lunches are served on the go they need to be easy to pick up and eat. Sometimes when my husband is farming in rural Indiana he packs his lunch, a thermos full of water and heads out for the day.
Just like our Almond Chicken Salad, this lunch is great because it’s an alternative to a regular lunch meat sandwich and can be served chilled, so throw an ice pack in the lunch box and it will be ready to eat whenever you are!
When possible we all prefer heating these wraps up for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave, but they also taste great at room temperature. Just be sure to store in the refrigerator to keep the food safe.
We love putting lunch meat in a wrap like our Turkey Wrap and our friend Deanne has a whole list of cold lunch ideas her family loves eating. When life gets busy we also enjoy having a good idea to use items that last longer in our pantry like shredded chicken.
These roll-ups can be made with cooked chicken or turkey, leftover rotisserie chicken or canned chicken or turkey that’s been drained and fluffed up with a fork. The taste will be the same, so just use whatever is convenient and whatever you have.
- Canned Chicken – or any cooked chicken that’s finely shredded.
- Cream Cheese – makes the filling more rich.
- Ranch Dressing – brings the enjoyable herb flavors.
- Cheddar Cheese – we like sharp cheddar to balance better with the buffalo flavors.
- Buffalo Sauce – gives the orange color and unique flavor.
- Sour Cream – adds a special creaminess.
- Blue Cheese – crumble evenly to help distribute the pungent yet enjoyable flavor.
- Green Onion – slice thinly and stir in for a little fresh flavor.
- Tortilla – flour is most common, but we’ve really been enjoy the keto tortilla options lately.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Roll-Ups
Begin with softened cream cheese and beat with a mixer to help eliminate lumps. Mix in ranch dressing, sour cream, finely crumbled blue cheese and buffalo sauce.
Optional – we don’t usually do this. If you like a kick add some extra buffalo or hot sauce. Mix well.
Add shredded cheddar cheese and stir.
Freshly cooked and shredded chicken, leftover chicken or turkey or rotisserie chicken can be shredded for use. We typically use canned chicken or turkey that is well-drained and fluffed up with a fork before mixing into other ingredients.
If planning to eat in the next 2 days add the chopped green onion. This is the most perishable ingredient that be added as a garnish later if necessary.
Spread meat and cheese mixture evenly on tortillas. This recipe makes roughly 7 tortillas that are 8 inches or 5 tortillas that are 9 inches.
Roll up tortilla and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour with the open side of the roll up on the bottom of the wrap to help seal.
We prefer serving these warm after being microwaved for 30 to 45 seconds. However this is a personal preference as we have friends like prefer them cold. Serve as a whole wrap for adults easy lunch or slice up for kids to enjoy little wraps.
Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Meat and cheese mixture can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for 3 – 5 days, but wait until ready to eat before spreading on tortillas and making roll-ups.
Easy Ideas For Lunch At Home
With both of us working from home we typically eat here too. We’ve turned to our air fryer for these Pizza Slider regularly. Easy variations of this favorite like Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza are definitely popular for lunch!
Life on the farm during the spring keeps us busy and working on the farm, typically not too far from home. It’s always great to have some easy new recipes to try out to feed our families. We hope you enjoy these Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups and other easy lunch ideas as much as we do!
Printable Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese finely crumbled
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken roughly equals 2 – 14.5 oz cans cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped – about 3 green onions
- 7 tortillas roughly 8" tortillas
- In a mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese.8 ounces cream cheese
- Mix in buffalo sauce, sour cream, blue cheese, and ranch, mix well ensuring there are no lumps of cream cheese.1/3 cup buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup ranch dressing, 3 tablespoons blue cheese, 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Fold in cheddar cheese. Then fold in well shredded chicken and green onions.2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 4 cups cooked shredded chicken, 1/2 cup green onions
- Spread 3 – 4 tablespoons of chicken spread evenly on each tortilla, going all the way to the edge.7 tortillas
- Roll-up each tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator before slicing into smaller pieces or enjoy the entire wrap.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Originally shared on March 28, 2020 with updates made on November 8, 2023.