Creamy and tangy chicken salad is accented with fruit and slices of almonds to make a delicious Chicken Salad with Green Grapes and Almonds.
This post is sponsored by the Glass Barn, Indiana Soybean and Corn Farmers but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Chicken Salad with Grapes and Almonds Recipe
With mayo and sour cream this is a creamy recipe with a crunch from the celery, a tang from the green grapes and the chicken and almonds help satisfy your hunger. All of the tart green ingredients are mellowed out by simple dressing.
Chicken Salad with Grapes and Almonds is a good backyard bbq or picnic meal that is a tradition to enjoy on warm summer days. My husband describes cold chicken salad as a casserole for a picnic. Casseroles are good hot meals for at home. This is a good cool meal for a picnic or a meal on the run that you may not be able to keep warm.
So many delicious ingredients are mixed together in this main dish that you don’t really need anything else to complete the meal!
This is a great meal prep recipe. The hard-boiled eggs can be prepared in a batch using the instant pot or our basic stove-top method. Extras taste great in BLT Deviled Eggs or Farmhouse Potato Salad.
We typically make sandwiches, but chicken salad without the grapes and kiwi makes a great keto meal eaten on its own.
It’s easy to go buy chicken salads, but making your own is a great cost savings on this classic summer meal.
Chicken salad goes great on sandwiches, can use crackers to dip, or croissants for mini sandwiches. This recipe makes a snack or a meal.
- Chicken, cooked and cubed
- Green grapes
- Green onions
- Hard cooked eggs
- Sour Cream
- Onion powder
- Dry mustard
- Slivered almonds
- Kiwi for garnish
Tips & Tricks
- Walnuts can easily be substituted for almonds
- Pecans are popular in chicken salad, but lend better to a salad that is more sweet with dried cranberries, than a tangy one like this with green grapes
- This is a great meal prep recipe. Use extra cooked chicken and chopped vegetables to make a quick meal later in the week.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days
- Chicken salad does not freeze well
- If serving at a picnic serve in a bowl setting in a pan of ice to help keep the salad chilled and safe
How to Make Almond Chicken Salad
Chop up the chicken, eggs, grapes, green onions and celery.
Pour in a large mixing bowl and gently toss.
In a seperate smaller bowl measure out the dressing ingredents.
Using a spatulas, stir until smooth.
Using a spatula to scrape the bowl clean, pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and coat well.
Stir almonds in just before serving and then garnish with kiwi.
Store in the refrigerator and be careful not to leave out for more than two hours. This chicken salad tastes best when chilled.
More Summer Picnic Recipes
Hot Chicken Salad is topped with potato chips and is a casserole the whole family will love!
Bacon Ranch Egg Salad is a keto egg salad recipe made with a twist of classic sandwich flavors.
Black & Bleu Salad is a favorite to get at restaurants, but can be easily made at home.
Linguine Salad incorporates lots of veggies and Pasta Supreme Salad Seasoning to create a real treat.
Printable Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
Almond Chicken Salad
- 4 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 3 eggs hard-boiled & chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green grapes halved
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Koshor salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 kiwi peeled and sliced, optional
- In a large bowl combine chicken, grapes, celery, onions and eggs.
- In another small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and seasonings.
- Stir until smooth and pour over chicken mixture and toss gently.
- Stir in almonds and just before serving garnish with kiwi slices if desired.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.