A friend shared this one-pot cheesy beef goulash recipe that is only 7 points per serving on the Weight Watchers plan. We need one-skillet meals that WARM us up in the winter after working outside on the farm. This is a great new recipe to add to the meal rotation!
One-Pot Beef Goulash
We like this meal because it is filling, but it is also forgiving. The recipe could be easily doubled to make a large meal or plenty of leftovers. It is easily reheated and tastes great if extra tomato juice is added to keep it moist.
While the recipe is cheesy to start with extra cheese can always be added after reheating to make the beef goulash have more flavor.
We always have ground beef, cheese and elbow macaroni on hand, but we did have to pick up the stewed tomatoes, tomato juice, green chilis and pinto beans.
Thanks to my friend Heather aka the Food Hussy for sharing this delicious recipe!
Food Comes From Farms
We live and work on a farm. We’re proud to raise our own ground beef and we know that the corn and soybeans that we raise help feed other animals that make milk for the cheese. The food chain is full-circle. When you buy food in the United States there’s a good chance you are supporting farm families in the United States.
These are the kind of meals my hard-working farmer really enjoys on a cool day when he’s been working hard!
Before cell phones I remember my dad working late out and about on the farm. My mom never knew when to expect him, but one thing was for certain, he was going to be hungry when he got home. On school nights I remember her spending hours making a warm meal for my brother and I, but taking extra care to keep my dad’s food warm, without overcooking it or drying it out. This is the perfect recipe to keep warm or re-heat if needed.
Here are a couple of other easy meat and noodle meals that my family enjoys, Kielbasa and Noodles, Easy Mexican Casserole, Pasta Shell Tacos and Hamburger and Noodle Casserole. We hope you enjoy these delicious meals and casseroles as much as we do!
Printable Cheesy Beef Goulash Recipe
One Pot Beef Goulash
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onions chopped & uncooked
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes undrained
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 oz green chili peppers
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup elbow macaroni uncooked
- 15.5 oz canned pinto beans rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup low-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- Warm skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Cook beef and onion until meat is browned, stirring and breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks. Drain off fat, if applicable.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and their juice, tomato juice, chili peppers & chili powder; bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni and beans; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes. Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup chili and 1 tablespoon cheese per serving.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.