Melt in your mouth chicken with tender noodles in a rich and creamy soup mixture makes the Best Chicken and Noodles for a crowd.
Recipe For Chicken and Noodles In A Roaster
A simple chicken recipe is easily made in a roaster with egg noodles that cook in the broth to create a delicious one dish meal. Serve over mashed potatoes for a homestyle meal that is always popular.
This recipe makes about 40 generous servings, making it a great meal to serve at a local men’s shelter. Serve with more side dishes and these amounts will easily make Chicken and Noodles for 50 people.
This big batch recipe cooks chicken breasts in an electric roaster until they shred easily. Whole chickens can be used, but it would take more time to cook and shred.
Remove the chicken and shred with forks. Add the cream of chicken soup and butter to the roaster oven. Once warm add noodles and cook until tender.
Why This Recipe Works
- When using generous amounts of cream of chicken soup and plenty of meat the noodles almost disappear. Until you take a bite then every bit of delicious flavor is enjoyable and noticeable!
- The entire big batch chicken and noodles recipe is cooked in the roaster eliminating other kitchen appliances.
- Cooking chicken breasts in an electric roaster is very easy. Adding cream of chicken soup and egg noodles creates a complete meal that is fairly easy.
- A delicious and fairly economical way to share a meal complete with protein to a big group or at a homeless shelter.
How Do You Make Chicken Noodles Taste Better
Cream of chicken soup and pepper, but let people add more pepper as they see fit.
Garlic powder and paprika are more favorite seasonings to add pizazz to chicken.
We use granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt and pepper in this recipe as the base seasoning mix. You can add as many herbs and spices as you like to change the flavor of the meal!
We start with this basic spice mixture and always serve with salt and a pepper grinder allowing guests to season to their preference.
How Do You Bulk Up Chicken and Noodles
Adding a can or two of shredded chicken that is drained and fluffed up or more egg noodles can help bulk up this meal.
How To Make Chicken and Noodles in a Roaster Oven
Add 1 gallon which is 16 cups of water, plus 4 additional cups (total of 20 cups of water) to a roaster oven set to 350°F.
Allow water to get hot and then stir in 2 tablespoons of Chicken Flavored Better Than Bouillon until dissolved. Can heat water in the microwave to speed up the process if running short on time.
The purpose is to make chicken broth. Since there is so much volume I prefer not to haul in all of the boxes of premade broth.
Next add seasonings, salt and pepper and stir well.
Then add butter to the broth.
Trim fat from raw boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Use tongs to carefully set into hot water.
Our 20 quart roaster holds about 15 chicken breasts weighing about 1 pound each.
Cover and cook for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours until a digital meat thermometer inserted in the center of several chicken breasts reads an internal temperature of 165°F.
Carefully remove cooked chicken breasts to a couple of baking sheets or baking dishes to shred.
Making The Creamy Noodles
Keep the roaster set to 350°F.
Leaving the rich chicken broth in the roaster add cream of chicken soup and stir well.
While this mixture is heating up shred each chicken breasts. Use gloves and/or meat shredding claws or two forks, but take care not to burn yourself.
Cover the shredded chicken with foil and set in a warming drawer or in a warm, but not hot oven to keep warm.
Once the soup mixture is hot wait until 30 to 45 minutes before serving to add uncooked noodles to the roaster.
Stir well and cook for 15 to 20 minutes total. For best results, the most even cooking and to prevent the corners from burning stir about every 5 minutes.
Once noodles are tender add cooked and shredded chicken to the roaster and stir well.
The entire dish should be warm and ready to serve within 15 minutes.
Turn down to the lowest heat setting or keep warm and serve within an hour for best results with the noodles.
Electric roaster chicken and noodles is one of the best comfort food for a crowd recipes that we make!
- Have some extra chicken broth ready to add in case the noodles seem dry while cooking or serving.
- When removing the lid from the roaster oven use mitts and tip carefully as there’s a lot of steam underneath that can burn your arm or face easily.
- Stir, stir, stir often to cook noodles evenly and get the chicken to mix in well.
- Can use more water and noodles with less soup and meat if needing to be more budget friendly, but this will change the recipe significantly.
- After testing various options of roaster oven chicken and noodles we have the best results using bags of wide egg noodles instead of the thicker frozen Reames style noodles.
- Roaster ovens vary greatly, some cook much hotter than others, so monitor closely and stir often as your appliance may be very different than the one we tested this recipe in.
- The exact amount of people this recipe will feed depends on the size of the servings and how much food is served with it. I always make extra and giveaway or freeze leftovers after the party.
More Recipes For A Crowd
Cheesy Potatoes For A Crowd is popular at most big gatherings in America.
Deli Meat and Cheese Tray use cold cuts to make sliders, sandwiches or snack type finger food.
Chicken Corn Chowder is another cheesy, flavor packed, yet simple chicken recipe for a crowd
Ham in A Roaster is most popular at Christmas to free up oven space, but works well anytime of the year for a nice party!
Chicken and Noodles for a crowd
- 15 pounds chicken breasts
- 20 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 80 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 48 ounces wide egg noodles dry, not frozen
- Using a 20 quart roaster oven add water and set to 350℉. Once water is hot stir in bouillon until dissolved.20 cups water, 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- Add spices and stir until dissolved.2 tablespoons sea salt, 1 tablespoon pepper, 2 tablespoons granulated garlic, 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- Add butter to the roaster.1 1/2 cups butter
- Use tongs to carefully set trimmed chicken breasts in the hot water in an even single layer.15 pounds chicken breasts
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours until each breasts is cooked to an internal temperature of 165℉. I typically rotate the chicken from the edges to the center and the center to the edges once or twice to speed up and more evenly cook the chicken.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the water and place onto trays or dishes to shred. Carefully shred chicken after cooling a bit, cover with foil and keep warm once shredded.
- Saving all of the broth in the roaster, add cream of chicken soup and stir well.80 ounces cream of chicken soup
- About 45 minutes before serving add egg noodles to the soup mixture and stir ever 5 minutes until noodles are tender and nearly cooked. Then stir in shredded chicken. Stir often, serve warm and enjoy!48 ounces wide egg noodles
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.