These Bran and Raisin Molasses Muffins remind me of breakfast cereal from my childhood.
These old fashioned molasses muffins have a sweet and rich taste while being packed full of fiber. We love the unique flavors in these muffins!
Old Fashioned Molasses Muffins
These muffins are so good! Since everything old is new again I’m just waiting on these old fashioned muffins to be the next coffee shop trend.
Basic ingredients come together to make a wonderfully sweet and hearty muffin. The ingredients are All-Bran cereal, milk, buttermilk, molasses, an egg, baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt and raisins.
For a similar muffin that’s loaded with even more ingredients try our All-Bran Muffins. Another muffin on the healthier side, but packed with fruit and oatmeal is our Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins. We love having so many yummy options!
The fiber and rich ingredients make these muffins very filling which is perfect for breakfast or an after school snack! Serve with some Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs for a healthy and balanced snack!
Old Fashioned Bran Muffins
This recipe came from my husband’s late grandmother. His family has so generously shared so many books and handwritten recipe cards.
This particular recipe came from an old town cookbook with yellowing pages.
We love how great the muffins taste, and that they certainly have a vintage feel to them.
Our Farmhouse Blueberry Muffins are another family favorite. We hope you enjoy both of these muffin recipes as much as we do!
Here are a few other old-fashioned recipes from our farm family. We hope you enjoy these too!
- Farmhouse Apple Flip
- Banana Jumbos
- Pineapple Marshmallow Dessert
- Applesauce Raisin Cookies
- Carrot Bread
- Farmhouse Rhubarb Crunch
Printable Recipe For Bran and Raisin Molasses Muffins
Bran and Raisin Molasses Muffins
- 2 cups Kellogg's All-Bran
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder scant
- 1 cup flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- Combine All-Bran, milk and molasses; let stand until most of moisture is taken up. Add egg and beat well.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt; add with raisins to All-Bran mixture, stirring only until combined. Grease and flour muffin pans - fill 2/3 full.
- Bake in moderately hot 350 to 375-degree oven about 25 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before removing from pans. Yield: 12 to 15 muffins, 2-1/2 inches in diameter.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.