A pretty pink cake recipe that has the best fresh strawberry flavors and a sweet homemade icing in a sheet pan is our Strawberry Sheet Cake.
Strawberry Sheet Cake Recipe
Fresh strawberries create a sweet puree that mixes with strawberry gelatin to make the cake pink and moist. Cream cheese and plenty of powdered sugar compose most of the frosting and a little more strawberry puree gives it a pretty pink color too.
Since this cake starts with a box mix it is super easy to make. This is a great cake for a princess birthday party, baby shower, or wedding shower. White Chocolate Cupcakes and our Ultimate Chocolate Cake from a Box Mix perfectly complement this semi-homemade strawberry cake on the dessert table.
A thinner piece of sheet cake allows for more icing in each bite and more pieces of cake from the same recipe to feed more people.
Duncan Hines cake mix is my go-to because cake decorating classes recommend using Duncan Hines. For the gelatin I will pick up the name brand Jello or a store brand gelatin and don’t notice much difference.
When you go strawberry picking or find strawberries on sale this is a wonderful dessert that’s super easy to whip up. We also love using extra strawberries in these Popsicles and this Strawberry Banana Split Cake.
- White cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Strawberry Jello
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
Tips & Tricks
- Frosting recipe can be cut in half for a thinner layer or for a 9 x 13″ pan if desired.
- Recipe can be made in a 9 x 13″ pan, but baking time will take a bit longer to bake.
- I have a mini food processor that purees the strawberries in about two batches.
- Frozen strawberries can be used, but must be defrosted first before making puree.
- A teaspoon or two of vanilla may be added to the icing for more flavor.
- If a blender or food processor isn’t available strawberries can be mashed very well with a fork.
- Frosting a warm cake will make the frosting melt, so allow time for the cake to cool.
How To Make Strawberry Jello Sheet Cake
Wash, dry and remove stems from strawberries. Using a food processor or blender puree strawberries.
Measure out all of the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Mix all cake ingredients together and pour into a jelly roll pan or half size sheet pan. Bake at 350°F according to the directions on the box.
I typically test the cake around 20 to 25 minutes depending on how the cake looks. A sheet pan cake is thinner and will likely bake more quickly.
Once the cake is done baking allow it to cool before frosting so the frosting doesn’t melt.
To make the frosting beat softened cream cheese and butter to make sure it’s smooth. Beat out all lumps. Then mixing in remaining ingredients. Stir slowing until the confectioners sugar is all moistened. Then beat to mix well.
Use a butter knife or spatula to frost a cool cake. Enjoy!
More Easy & Delicious Cake Recipes
Sherry Cake has a unique sherry flavor and starts with a box mix. This recipe makes a beautiful bundt cake that’s quick to make.
Carrot Cake Loaf uses fresh carrots, chopped pecans and a rich frosting to make a wonderful dessert in a loaf pan.
Church Cake uses a Jiffy cake mix topped with a creamy pudding and cream cheese layer then crushed pineapple and cool whip makes an easy and delicious cake.
Oreo Dirt Cake is a tried and true cookies and cream pudding dessert that’s easily made a 9 x 13 cake pan.
Strawberry Sheet Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces strawberries pureed and divided
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 10" x 15" jelly roll pan.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree strawberries to get about 2 cups of puree. Set aside 1/2 cup of puree.
- Mix all cake ingredients together and bake according to the directions on the box. Check around 25 – 30 minutes with a toothpick or cake tester and adjust time as needed.
- Allow cake to cool before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Mix in puree and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Frost a cool cake and refrigerate until serving.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.