Warm marinara and Alfredo sauce in a skillet, add seasonings, cheese and cooked pasta for a simple and delicious meal.
This Pasta with Marinara and Alfredo skillet recipe is a quick meal that makes mealtime easier.
TikTok Pasta with Alfredo and Marinara Sauce Recipe
The simple idea of blending Alfredo sauce and marinara sauce, adding some extra seasonings and cheese creates a special dish with very little effort.
When a neighbor shared her trending TikTok inspired recipe for this easy pasta meal I knew our family would love it too! The mixture of flavors reminds me of our Alfredo Spaghetti, but this one is much easier to make.
I love that this recipe can be mixed up in less than 15 minutes with ingredients we keep on hand. A pound of cooked and drained ground beef or sausage is easy to add to the sauce as it heats.
Our neighbor has tested multiple variations of this recipe and our Stuffed Crust Pizza. She recommends adjusting the flavor by changing the ratio of marinara and Alfredo sauce.
Mixing Alfredo and marinara is casually known as a pink sauce, even though it’s actually more orange and more formally called Rose sauce. Start with a half and half mix, then use more of your favorite sauce the second time around. It won’t take long to find the proportion that you prefer!
Also known on TikTok as One Pot Pasta, even though it technically takes two pots to make. The fastest way to finish this meal is to use one pot for the pasta and one for the sauce. If you prefer to strictly use one pot then the sauce can be added to the cooked and drained pasta to heat up and mix together.
Why This Recipe Works:
- Creamy like Alfredo and full with a hint of sweet like Marinara when cheese is added this becomes an amazing pasta recipe.
- Pasta Skillet with Alfredo and Marinara is a quick meal that can be made in 15 minutes or less with a few ingredients that are probably in the pantry.
- A cheap meal that is budget friendly and easy enough to make at college or as a quick meal for one or two people.
- We love to add garlic and more herbs to the Alfredo and marinara mixture to customize the flavor.
- Pasta – we like to use one pound of Rotini or cork screw shaped pasta.
- Marinara Sauce – a jar is economical and easy to keep on hand.
- Alfredo Sauce – My neighbor always uses a jar, but I prefer a refrigerated container.
- Herbs & Spices – We like Italian seasoning, garlic powder, granulated onion
- Parmesan Cheese – Grated is easiest, but shredded works fine too.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Anywhere from 1 cup to 2 cups works well.
- Ground Beef, Sausage, Chicken or Turkey would all be great ways to add protein and make a heartier meal. We don’t use meat in the base recipe, but it is easy to add into the sauce right before the pasta.
How To Make Pasta with Alfredo and Marinara Sauce
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box in a pot of salted water. Drain and set aside.
Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the cooked and drained pot of pasta to prevent it from sticking together while making the sauce.
If the sauce is ready this step can be skipped.
In a deep skillet over low heat add the marinara and Alfredo together.
While the pasta is cooking use a skillet to slowly heat the sauce and add more flavor with your favorite herbs and spices.
Add all spices, but hold the parsley until the end.
Add Parmesan cheese and stir well.
Let the sauce simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add cooked and drained pasta.
Stir it all up.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and parsley on top.
Once the cheese is melted, serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Tricks:
- Can add a layer of pepperoni on top of the mozzarella and broil to make a pizza inspired dish.
- Warm sauce on low heat, using a higher heat will cause it to bubble and splatter.
- Shredding your own cheese will make it melt more evenly than using pre-shredded cheese.
- Can pop in the oven under broil to brown the top of the cheese if desired, but it will brown so quickly be sure not to walk away. This step would transform the dish into a pasta bake with Alfredo and marinara.
More Easy Family Meal Ideas:
Biscuit & Gravy Casserole – has layers of golden brown biscuits, creamy gravy and sausage come together to make a super easy casserole.
Chicken Pot Pie with Red Lobster Biscuit Mix is one of our most popular meals and once you try it you’ll know why.
Big Mac Smash Tacos are a fun collision of tacos and burgers.
Pierogies and Kielbasa browns pierogies in butter to make a simple sauce for this easy skillet meal with Polish origins.
Beef, Cabbage and Potato Skillet is a simple combination that makes a delicious meal quickly.
Cheesy Unstuffed Pepper Skillet is a favorite from my friend Kristy at On My Kid’s Plate.
Pasta With Marinara and Alfredo
- 16 ounces rotini pasta or corkscrew shaped
- 11 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 18 ounces marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In a skillet add marinara and alfredo sauce and warm over low heat.
- Add Italian seasoning, granulated onion and garlic powder. Stir well.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir again.
- Cover and let simmer for 3 – 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend together.
- Then stir in cooked and drained pasta.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and parsley evenly over the top. Allow the cheese to melt then serve.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.