Cool and creamy with a layer of red chili sauce on the cream cheese mixture this Cold Crab Dip is an excellent appetizer!
Cold Crab Dip Recipe
We love that cold crab dip can be quickly mixed up a day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator to make the day of the party easier.
Easy party food is a must when having guests that like to graze. This cold crab dip recipe is a fun snack for the family when watching a ballgame or is nice to include in a variety of appetizers when entertaining.
Chili sauce adds a pop of flavor and tastes like cocktail sauce when each bite is blended with Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mayo and chopped onion.
The crabmeat adds the crustation seafood flavor that tastes upscale but is easy enough to mix up at home. One of our favorite parts of going on vacation or a Disney Cruise is enjoying seafood and unique dishes.
Serve with cheesy White Pizza Dip, a classic Reuben Dip and Salami Roll-Ups or a variety of dips and appetizers that are delicious!
Just like the Buffalo sauce in crock pot cauliflower and Buffalo chicken dip adds a memorable kick the crab meat adds variety to a tailgate or get together.
Cajun Crab Dip
This cold crap dip can be made with cajun flavors by mixing in 1 to 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning into the cream cheese mixture instead of using garlic salt.
Tips & Tricks
- Start with softened cream cheese for the smoothest dip possible
- Finely chopped onion blends best into the cream cheese mixture
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice will maximize fresh flavors in this dip
- Drain the crab very well so the dip isn’t soggy
- Refrigerate dip prior to serving and serve dish over ice if dip will be left out for very long
- A 9″ pie pan or another similarly sized shallow pan can be used – two or more smaller dishes can also be used to make smaller servings
Can You Freeze Crab Dip
Seafood has a short shelf life, so this dip is best consumed within a couple days of making it. For maximum freshness store in the refrigerator and avoid freezing.
How to Make Crab Dip
Beat softened cream cheese to ensure there’s no lumps. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise, chopped onion and garlic salt.
Spread evenly in a dish. Spread half a bottle of chili sauce over the cream cheese mixture.
Then sprinkled well drained crabmeat evenly over the top.
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes:
Garlic Parmesan Fries melt parmesan cheese over fries in a garlic butter sauce that is delicious!
Linguine Salad is is rich with Italian dressing, pasta supreme salad seasoning, parmesan cheese and chopped vegetables to make a flavorful pasta salad.
Orange Delight can be quickly stirred up to make a weight watchers treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day!
Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Ups use veggie tortillas to put a spin on a classic dish with pizza flavors.
Cold Crab Dip
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 ounces chili sauce
- 6 ounces crab meat well drained
- Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise, onion and garlic salt.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9" pie pan.
- Spread chili sauce on top. Sprinkle crab meat evenly over the chilli sauce. Chill.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe looks good but plz fix the typo
Cold crap dip?
Jennifer @ Plowing Through Life
How embarrassing! Thanks so much for letting me know, it’s fixed!