Rather you make them in the air fryer or oven these Garlic Parmesan French Fries will leave you craving more. Shredded parmesan cheese melts over fries in a garlic butter sauce that is super delicious!
With only five ingredients this simple recipe packs a lot of flavor in every bite. It’s the homemade copycat version of Red Robin’s garlic fries!
Garlic Parmesan Fries Recipe
French fries are one of those foods you crave. When a few simple flavors like minced garlic, rich butter, shredded parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley can be added loaded fries become a special culinary event.
Fries make a great side dish to go along with chicken or burgers. Loaded fries are really easy to make and home and are fun to eat as an appetizer or party food when watching sports.
Ever since we made these Bacon & Cheese Loaded Fries and Pulled Pork Loaded Waffle Fries we’ve been trying all kinds of new flavors. Our family loves including delicious potatoes in our menu. I was inspired to make this Garlic Parmesan Fries Recipe after having some at Red Robin restaurant.
All of our loaded fries can be made in the Air Fryer or baked in the oven. We have a Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven that will make about a pound of steak fries at a time.
Steak fries are wide and meaty and are the best kind of fry to load up with minced garlic and fine pieces of Parmesan cheese.
Thinking about our Air Fryer Broccoli and Air Fryer Cauliflower fresh parmesan cheese and garlic make so many vegetables taste better!
Tips for Making Loaded Fries
- Steak fries have more surface area to be able to scoop and hold all of that delicious garlic and cheesy flavor
- Cook fries in a single layer
- Shake fries in an air fryer basket or stir on a baking sheet in the oven a couple times to help fries cook as evenly as possible
- Steak fries tend to have more variation in size and smaller fries are typically done cooking before the bigger pieces – you can sort some of those out when stirring if you’d like
- The air fryer typically won’t hold an entire bag of frozen fries in a single layer, but a large baking sheet will
Can Fresh Potatoes Be Used?
Yes, fresh potatoes can be cut up to make loaded fries. Peel potatoes and cut into evenly sized fries of the desired size.
Prepare the French fries as desired, but only cook, bake or fry about 90% of the way. Then add toppings and follow the instructions used for making frozen french fries.
- Frozen steak fries
- Minced garlic
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Loaded Garlic Fries
Fries can easily be prepared in the air fryer or oven. I typically decrease the cooking temperature in my Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster oven by about 25 degrees from what is listed on the bag.
Look at the instructions on the bag of frozen French fries and cook the fries about 90 to 95% of the way done.
While fries are cooking melt butter in a bowl that’s large enough to put the fries into. Stir garlic into melted butter. Add fries to the bowl and toss with the fragrant garlic butter.
Then pile fries in the center of the air fryer tray or baking sheet. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley or dried parsley and shredded parmesan cheese over the fries.
Return loaded fries to the air fryer or oven for another 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat when the cheese is melted and fries have reached the desired doneness. Serve warm and enjoy!
More Easy & Delicious Recipes for a Party
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch combines simple and amazing flavors to make sandwiches, tacos or a delicious tortilla chip dip.
Pulled Pork Quesadillas are a great way to use leftover pulled pork to make a yummy snack or meal.
Crock Pot Stuffed Mushrooms never last long at any of our parties and are packed with delicious flavors.
Pumpkin Fluff only has 4 ingredients and is great for dipping graham crackers or animal crackers in or it makes a simple pie filling.
Printable Parmesan Garlic Fries Recipe
Garlic Parmesan French Fries
- 16 ounces steak fries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Arrange fries in a single layer in an air fryer basket and cook at 425°F on air fry for 15 to 18 minutes. Shake tray once during air frying.
- Melt butter in a medium sized bowl and stir in garlic. Toss fries in the bowl to coat with garlic butter. Return to the center of air fryer tray. Fries may be piled a little at this point.
- Sprinkle parley and Parmesan cheese over fries and return to air fryer for 1 – 3 minutes until cheese is melted and fries reach desired doneness.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply