We all need QUICK and EASY meals and these Easy Creamy Chicken Pockets fit the bill. This easy chicken recipe will definitely be an addition on our family meal rotation.
Meal Idea with Leftover Chicken
We had purchased pre-cooked chicken that made these chicken crescent pockets even quicker to make. Using leftover cooked chicken would also work very well. Anything to make meals easier is a win in our book!
Add some cream of chicken soup and cream cheese to the pre-cooked chicken, wrap it in refrigerated crescent roll dough, roll in butter and bread crumbs if desired and bake for 20 minutes. We’ve made this recipe a couple times already. The first time we just used one can of refrigerated crescent rolls and had a very hearty, meaty meal. The second time we used two rolls of dough so we had more food, but it wasn’t quite as meaty. How much bread you use depends on how many people you need to feed and how hearty of a meal you are looking for.
We all enjoyed this home cooked meal that was cheap and easy!
Easy Chicken Pockets
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounce can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups crushed seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.Mix chicken, cream cheese, soup and milk. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Unroll crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. Press flat to help seams seal. Spoon 1/4 of mixture onto half of each crescent roll. Fold other half over and seal edges.
- Dip pocket in melted butter and then roll in crushed croutons. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until dough is cooked and filling is heated through.