Ripe bananas are great to use in these Banana Nut Mini Muffin bites. Tiny muffins are easy to mix up and kids love them!
These mini muffins make an easy snack or breakfast for kids!
Easy Banana Nut Mini Muffin Recipe
We love snacking on bananas, but we also have several recipes handy to help use up extra browning bananas like our Frosted Banana Bars and Chocolate Chip Banana Bars. These blender muffins may be the easiest muffin we make.
We make full size muffins and mini muffins with this recipe. Full size muffins bake in 18 – 22 minutes and mini muffins bake in about 14 minutes. This recipe makes about 36 mini muffins.
Our preschooler prefers the banana nut mini muffins because they fit in her hand and mouth so much more easily. Easy bread and muffin recipes are popular with our kids.
Another one with banana flavors is our Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins, it requires a little stirring by hand to keep the blueberries whole.
My husband’s grandma had a great recipe for banana nut bread, but it takes an hour to make, so I adapted the recipe to make these muffins instead. Another member of his family shared this wonderful Banana Pecan Bread recipe.
Healthier Muffin Ingredient Substitutions
We’re also trying to decrease sugar intake in our house, so I substituted a half of a cup of sugar for a half of a cup of applesauce. I also decreased the amount of walnuts from one cup in the original recipe to half of a cup.
When we have some whole wheat flour on hand, so I use half whole wheat and half white flour. These changes made for simple and delicious banana nut muffins!
I like to include nuts in the muffins because of the protein they provide. My son would prefer not to have nuts in his muffins, so I just decreased the amount of nuts for his enjoyment. I also like having healthy snacks on hand for him to eat after school or in the evenings.
To keep these muffins fresh as long as possible this recipe is best stored in the refrigerator.
Fun After School Snack Idea – Easy Blender Muffins
Mini muffins bake well without liners in a mini muffin pan. Not having a liner saves on time and crumbs when little kids enjoy them.
We’ve found that these full sized muffins are more fun to eat when they are in fun cupcake liners like these from Amazon. Another benefit of having a batch of these muffins made up is that they make a great breakfast or snack. We love versatile food!
Mixing all of the ingredients in the blender is such a time saver. The mixing process is so easy, pouring into muffin tins is easy and dishes are minimized.
Our middle school son enjoys helping make food, but his attention span isn’t very long in the kitchen. So we try to focus on the easy recipes like this that he can make start to finish on his own! Kids also enjoy eating food that they have helped prepare.
How to Make Easy Banana Nut Muffins in the Blender
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in the blender.
- Fill mini muffin tins with 2 tablespoons of batter and bake for about 14 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter!
Mini muffins bake well in a baking sheet greased with non-stick spray with flour.
Our convection oven only takes about 14 minutes to bake mini muffins.
Other Easy Baked Goods for Brunch Recipes
- Blueberry Muffins Farmhouse Style
- Banana Jumbos
- Easy Egg & Sausage Casserole
- Bran and Raisin Molasses Muffins
- Best Strawberry Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins with Applesauce
We hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we do!
Printable Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
Banana Nut Mini Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas 3 small
- 2 cups flour I used 1 cup whole wheat flour & 1 cup white flour, but whatever you have on hand will work well
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Add softened butter, applesauce, banana, egg and sugar to blender and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender and mix well.
- Fill unlined mini muffin pan with 2 tablespoons of batter in each cup and bake for 14 minutes or fill lined full sized muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 18 – 22 minutes.
- We love these served warm with butter!
- Use caution when cleaning batter off blender blades, never use fingers, only a silicone spatula
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe originally shared on August 15, 2018 with pictures updated on March 29, 2021.