Do you have a few bananas that are getting brown and you need an easy recipe idea? This Farmhouse Style Banana Nut Muffin recipe is an easy family recipe that is the perfect way to use browning bananas and make an easy snack for breakfast or the kids!
Easy Recipe Idea to Use Browning Bananas
We love snacking on bananas, but we also have several recipes handy to help use up extra browning bananas. These blender muffins may be the easiest muffin we make.
My husband’s grandma had a great recipe for banana nut bread, but it takes an hour to make, so I adapted the recipe to make muffins instead.
We’re also trying to decrease sugar intake in our house, so I substituted a half of a cup of sugar for a half of a cup of applesauce. I also decreased the amount of walnuts from one cup in the original recipe to half of a cup. We had some whole wheat flour on hand, so I used half whole wheat and half white flour. These changes made for simple and delicious banana nut muffins!
I like to include nuts in the muffins because of the protein they provide. My son would prefer not to have nuts in his muffins, so I just decreased the amount of nuts for his enjoyment. I also like having healthy snacks on hand for him to eat after school or in the evenings. To keep these muffins fresh as long as possible this recipe is best stored in the refrigerator.
Another one with banana flavors is our Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins, it requires a little stirring by hand to keep the blueberries whole.
Fun After School Snack Idea – Easy Blender Muffins
We’ve found that these muffins are more fun to eat when they are in fun cupcake liners like these from Amazon. Another benefit of having a batch of these muffins made up is that they make a great breakfast or snack. We love versatile food!
Mixing all of the ingredients in the blender is such a time saver. The mixing process is so easy, pouring into muffin tins is easy and dishes are minimized.
Our middle school son enjoys helping make food, but his attention span isn’t very long in the kitchen. So we try to focus on the easy recipes like this that he can make start to finish on his own! Kids also enjoy eating food that they have helped prepare.
How to Make Easy Banana Nut Muffins in the Blender
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in the blender.
- Line muffin tins, fill 3/4 full and bake for 18 – 22 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter!
Other Easy Baked Goods for Brunch Recipes
- Blueberry Muffins Farmhouse Style
- Banana Jumbos
- Easy Egg & Sausage Casserole
- Bran and Raisin Molasses Muffins
- Best Strawberry Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins with Applesauce
We hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we do!
Printable Easy Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
Easy Banana Nut Muffins - Farmhouse Style
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas 3 small
- 2 cups flour I used 1 cup whole wheat flour & 1 cup white flour, but whatever you have on hand will work well
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Mix all ingredients in the blender.
- Fill lined muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 18 - 22 minutes. We love these served warm with butter!