Do you love a perfectly light and delicious dessert? This Banana Split Cake is a perfectly satisfying, fruity and creamy dessert. This recipe makes an impressive presentation with very little effort!
Banana Split Dessert Idea
This dessert is such a fun twist on a traditional banana split! The fresh bananas and crushed pineapple give this dish a nice, sweet flavor. The cream cheese and whipped cream complement the fruit to make a great banana split treat!
This is the first dessert I’ve made with vanilla wafers as the main ingredient in the crust. My husband made the crust before church so it could cool. He said it was super easy and we love the way it tastes! When we got home I set the cream cheese out to soften while we had lunch. The rest of the dessert came together very quickly and easily which means it was ready in 15 minutes or less!
Tips for Making Banana Split Cake
- Plan ahead to have whipped topping and cream cheese softened.
- Crush vanilla wafers by putting 5-10 cookies in a gallon sized bag and crush with a rolling pin. Repeat until you have 2 1/2 cups.
- Make the dish in stages if necessary. The crust can be made and covered until the other layers are ready.
- I slice the bananas right onto the cream cheese layer to save time and it works well for me.
- Since bananas are highly perishable plan to eat or share this dish within a day or two.
Printable Banana Split Cake Recipe
Banana Split Cake
Do you love a perfectly light and delicious dessert? This Banana Split Cake is the perfect fruity and creamy dessert for an office party, gathering with friends or potluck. This recipe has been in our family for years for good reason!
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla wafers
- 1 stick butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 bananas sliced
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 12 ounces whipped cream
- pecans optional
- maraschino cherries optional
Crush vanilla wafers and mix with one stick of melted butter. Spread in bottom of pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Let cool.
Mix cream cheese and sugar and spread on top of crust.
Add one layer of bananas and another layer of pineapple then add another layer of bananas and another layer of pineapple.
Top with whipped cream, pecans and maraschino cherries.
Shared on: Weekend Potluck