Layers of apple pie filling and cream cheese between flaky crescent rolls with a sweet cinnamon sugar topping makes a wonderful Crescent Roll Apple Pie recipe.
Crescent Roll Apple Pie Recipe
This delicious apple pie dessert with crescent rolls is a winner because it can be put together in less than 15 minutes. It’s always great to have a last minute dessert recipe to toss together that impresses people!
A layer of cream cheese in the middle adds a richer flavor. Cinnamon, sugar and butter on top are similar to elephant ears or churros and are extremely popular in our Churro Cheesecake Bars.
I love that using refrigerated crescent dough is such a time saver. This apple pie and crescent rolls recipe is so much easier than our traditional Caramel Apple Pie or Caramel Apple Bars. Fall is our favorite time to make this sweet treat.
A similar cream cheese and crescent roll dessert is our Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars. The combination of cream cheese and crescent roll dough is cheesecake like in flavor and oh so good!
Why This Apple Pie Filling Crescent Rolls Recipe Works
- The fastest and easiest dessert recipe with apple pie filling and crescent rolls is made in a 9 x 13″ pan.
- Tastes even better served with whipped cream or our Old-Fashioned Ice Cream.
- A dessert casserole that saves time in the kitchen but sacrifices nothing in terms of quality and flavor.
- Made with ingredients that have a long shelf life and are easy to keep on hand.
- Just like our No-Bake Pumpkin Pie, this is a quick way to share fall flavors with friends at a potluck, carry-in or tailgate.
- Refrigerated Crescent Rolls – Pillsbury works great and is the most popular option, but we often use the store brand to save money.
- Cream Cheese – Philadelphia is slightly higher in quality than the store brand, but generic is so much cheaper and doesn’t give up any flavor when mixed with other ingredients.
- Apple Pie Filling – We use a 21 ounce can, homemade pie filling is another option.
- Cinnamon and Sugar – Makes the sparkly and sweet topping on the pie.
- Butter – Activates the cinnamon and sugar and helps bake the crescent dough to a flaky perfection.
How To Make Apple Pie With Crescent Rolls
Keep crescent roll dough in the fridge until needed.
Take the first tube and roll out in the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13″ baking dish. I like to use a glass dish so I can see the beautiful layers of the dessert after baking.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350℉ for 5 minutes.
While the bottom layer is baking use a mixer to beat the cream cheese and then add a cup of sugar. and mix well.
Spread the cream cheese mixture using a silicone spatula evenly across the top of the par-baked crescent dough.
Then open the can of apple pie filling and spread out as evenly as possible.
I typically use my finger to help ensure the slices of apples are spread out and laying nice and flat.
Keeping the second tube of crescent roll chilled open it up and carefully unroll on top of the pie filling.
This dough is pretty difficult to work with when warm, so keep it cool to save time and stress!
Melt butter and pour over the top of the rolls.
Then mix up remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is flaky and a beautiful golden brown. The butter should be absorbed into the dessert when done baking.
Serve warm or refrigerate for later. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- In our testing my friends thought the slices of apple were too big and would be better chopped up a little bit.
- Keep the tubes of crescent dough chilled up until the minute you’re ready to use them.
- Recipe can easily be cut in half in a square 9 x 9″ pan for a smaller group.
- Be sure to partially bake the bottom layer of crescent rolls to prevent them being doughy.
- Tastes great warm, chilled or at room temperature making a very versatile dessert!
- Leftovers store well.
More Easy Fall Desserts
Apple Crisp with Peanut Butter Crumble is a little unique, yet so enjoyable!
Apple Butter on homemade bread is one of my all time favorite desserts.
Crescent Roll Apple Pie
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls 2 tubes
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 21 ounce can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and lightly coat a 9 x 13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line baking dish with 1 can of crescent rolls unrolled and pressed out evenly to cover the bottom of the dish. Park-bake for 5 minutes.
- While bottom crust is baking combine cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and blend until smooth.
- Remove bottom crust from the oven and spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer.
- Then top with apple pie filling and place the other can of crescent rolls on top.
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top. Pour melted on top and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the butter is absorbed and the crust is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.