Are you looking for an easy make ahead appetizer or snack? This Chili Cheese Ball is so easy and delicious! This has been a family favorite recipe for decades! Such an easy upgrade to the classic cheese and cracker tray!
Easy Cheese Ball
I love that this cheese ball is so easy! There are only a few ingredients that we typically have on hand. Cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, chili powder, pecans (optional) and smoked paprika.
This cheese ball can be whipped up in 5 minutes and set in the refrigerator until the party begins. Another similar recipe that’s also popular is our Apple and Cheddar Cheese Snack.
Use plastic wrap to shape the Chili Cheese Ball into whatever shape your heart desires. Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy! We love the Club Multi-Grain Crackers!
This easy appetizer has shown up at countless family gatherings over the years. This Chili Cheese Ball always disappears quickly! My only regret is that I waited so long to make this recipe myself. This is definitely one of my new go-to appetizer recipes.
How to Make Chili Cheese Ball
- Using an electric mixer combine softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, chili powder and garlic powder until light and fluffy. Stir in nuts.
- Layout a piece of plastic wrap and place cheese mixture in the center. Wrap plastic around the mixture to shape into a ball or a log. Place on a serving dish and remove plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle paprika on top. Some people like to a solid layer of paprika and some prefer a sprinkling. Serve with crackers. Store in the refrigerator.
Here are a couple of other appetizer recipes that we hope our family enjoys as much as we do!
Printable Chili Cheese Ball or Log Recipe
Chili Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, chili powder and garlic powder with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in nuts.
- Use plastic wrap to shape into a ball or a log. Place on a serving dish and remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle paprika on top. Serve with crackers.