Is a sweet apple treat on your mind? This Easy Apple Dapple Cake recipe is the sweetest fall treat I’ve ever eaten! The combination of fresh apples in the cake with warm icing is hard to beat!
Easy Apple Cake
This Apple Dapple Cake is the perfect recipe for freshly picked apples. Picking and peeling apples is a great activity for young kids. I enjoyed making this cake with my kids.
We have a step stool that we took out on the deck and hooked an apple peeler and corer like this onto it. When we were done peeling and snacking on apples my son took the hose and washed off the step stool and deck. Much easier clean up than in the kitchen! Really anything he can do to help is much easier for me!
I don’t get picky about what type of apples I use and all of our recipes have turned out great. The more discerning tongue would want to search for cooking apples. We like to pick up apples at our local orchard and they always have signs on the apple crates to explain which ones are best for which purposes. So I just pick up a bag that says baking.
For this cake, my husband just picked up a bag at the grocery store and the cake was great! I brought the Apple Dapple Cake to a Farm Bureau meeting and got several compliments!
Delicious Apple Desserts
Our farmhouse table has been full of apple desserts this fall! Our Apple Flip is perfect with ice cream, the Caramel Apple Pie is a classic fall dessert, and our Cinnamon Applesauce Cake satisfies our sweet tooth all year around.
We hope you enjoy these apple desserts as much as we do!
How to Make Apple Dapple Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Combine sugar and eggs. Beat well. Add oil and cream mixture.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir well. Gently fold in chunks of apples and nuts if desired.
- Pour into cake pan and bake 40 – 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.5. To make the frosting combine brown sugar, butter and milk in saucepan. Bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Pour hot glaze over warm cake.
OTHER EASY CAKE RECIPES
- Best Rich and Moist Chocolate Cake
- Box Mix Turtle Cake
- Heath Bar Cake
- Milky Way Cake
- 3 Musketeers Cake
- Best Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Printable Apple Dapple Cake Recipe
Easy Apple Dapple Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cups diced apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 13"x9"x2" sheet cake pan. Combine sugar and eggs, beat well. Add oil, cream well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir well. Stir in apples and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan. Bake 40 - 50 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and milk in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Pour hot glaze over warm cake.