Ripe bananas and chopped pecans are blended into a moist and easy homemade Banana Pecan Bread recipe that makes one of our family’s favorite snacks, breakfast or even dessert!
Sweet bananas give this bread a wonderful flavor and the pecans add a crunchy, buttery, nutty flavor that makes this the best banana nut bread.
Moist Banana Bread with Nuts
Using a simple recipe to make homemade bread is one of my favorite treats to make for our family! I love that this recipe easily makes two big loaves or three medium-sized loaves in case you’d like to share with friends and neighbors.
Our journey through banana bread recipes began when my mother-in-law shared these blender Banana Nut Muffins and then these super popular Chocolate Chip Banana Bars recipes with me. Thinking about those banana bars, my son said he would add chocolate chips in with the pecans and sprinkle some on top if he were to make this recipe.
Add a couple pats of butter to the warm bread for one of the BEST treats! Whether it’s homemade Carrot Bread or Pumpkin Bread, one of my secrets is pop it in the microwave for ten seconds to warm it just enough to help a little butter melt. Rich butter on each sweet morsel of banana pecan bread is hard to beat!
We are a carb loving family! With a pre-teenage son and a pre-schooler that want a snack every 30 minutes these easy, yeast free bread recipes are made regularly in our house because they are an easy way to fill the kids up!
We always have bananas in our fruit basket! The kids love them as a snack and sometimes I load my cart with a few extra bunches of bananas just to have a reason to bake some Banana Jumbos or banana bread.
My sister-in-law shared this recipe from a community cookbook in western Ohio. The contributor shared that she loves making this Banana Pecan Bread to share with people as a gift on their birthday.
Whatever you do with them it’s always good to have several easy recipes for extra bananas!
Tips & Tricks for Making Banana Bread
- Bananas that are ripe or slightly overripe are perfect to use in this recipe. If most of the peel is brown and very thin the bananas are past their prime and will not deliver best results.
- Since bananas ripen quickly and the flavor changes I like to leave enough bread out in an airtight container that we can eat in the first day. Any extra bread should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 – 6 days.
- When I intentionally make extra bread I like to wrap it tightly and freeze it right away. Bread can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Finely chopped pecans spread the flavors out more evenly throughout the loaf of bread and make it more enjoyable.
- Chopped pecans can be substituted for chopped walnuts or even nut pieces that are used as an ice cream topping.
- Just like our Peanut Butter Bread I love spreading some Nutella or hazelnut spread on banana bread too!
Banana Pecan Bread Recipe
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Be sure that butter has been softened to room temperature to make mixing easier. Then add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg has been added.
- Mash bananas.
- Combine dry ingredients. Slowly add a little flour mixture and alternate to add bananas. Stir well, but don’t over mix.
- Use a wooden spoon to fold pecans into banana bread batter.
- For larger loaves grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and bake in a 325°F oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. For medium-sized loaves grease and flour three 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and bake in a 300°F oven for 1 hour. When a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean the bread is done baking. Bread will have a nice crust with a soft center.
Other Delicious Recipes with Bananas:
Banana Pecan Bread
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 bananas mashed
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, soda and salf. Gradually add flour mixture alternating with bananas to creamed mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon stir in pecans.
- Grease and flour two or three 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Three pans bake at 300°F for 1 hour. Two pans bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.