Smooth cheese with generous amounts of crumbled meat creates this Crock Pot Sausage Dip that people crave!
Recipe For Sausage Dip In A Crock Pot
Full of satisfying protein covered with cheese, this recipe is popular at parties. One of the best sausage dips, it taste even better when you know it only takes 10 minutes to make.
We love making this dip for small family parties and enjoying the leftovers in lunches later in the week. Once you eat this creamy sausage dip one serving isn’t enough! So even if you only need half of the batch make the whole thing to eat throughout the week.
While this is an easy crock pot dip, adding a couple more ingredients give our Slow Cooker Sausage & Cream Cheese Dip an entirely different flavor.
Spicy food lovers can easily crank up the heat in this dip by using two pounds of spicy sausage and two cans of fiesta cheese soup. We are cautious when eating spicy food, so we split the sausage, one pound zesty hot and one pound regular. Same story with this fiesta cheese soup recipe. We use one can of fiesta nacho cheese soup and one can of regular cheddar cheese soup.
Why This Recipe Works
- Make the sausage ahead of time to save prep time the day of the party. Then just pour the ingredients in the crock pot and warm up!
- This crock pot Fiesta Sausage Dip has the perfect amount of zest in the meaty and cheesy combination.
- With only four ingredients this is one of the easiest crock pot dips we make for parties! Smooth cheese with generous amounts of crumbled meat creates this Crock Pot Sausage Dip that people crave!
- Just like our Deviled Ham Dip it’s great to graze on as you visit and enjoy the company or watching the game on tv.
What is Sausage Dip Made Of?
There are several possible combinations of meat and cheese to create a sausage dip. Here’s the easiest recipe that we’ve tested:
- Regular Sausage – We typically use Bob Evans, but Jimmy Dean or the store brand are fine too.
- Zesty Sausage – Adds some spice to the recipe. You can make homemade sausage and season it with red pepper flakes and other seasonings if you prefer.
- Cheddar Cheese Soup – Creates that mild, cheesy flavor. Could be substituted for Velveeta.
- Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup – We’ve only found the Campbell’s brand. Fiesta cheese soup has a kick.
- Milk – Thins the soup down to help make the soup more dipable.
Easy Crock Pot Dip With Sausage
My husband made this recipe the first time because I had just wrapped up a big week and needed to rest. This is important because it means the chip and dip recipe is super easy!
He had browned the sausage, mixed everything together and cleaned up pretty quickly. We love that the crock pot just sat on low and kept the dip warm all through the party. The only easier dip we make is this Mexican Corn Dip with Cream Cheese.
My mom shares this family recipe from my grandma and calls it Fiesta Sausage Dip. It is a keeper that we will make many more times, maybe even as often as our Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip.
How to Make Crock Pot Queso With Sausage
- Brown sausage in a skillet until pink is gone and sausage is cooked through. If necessary drain any fat.
- Use a liner or grease a crock pot.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into the crock.
- Cook on low for 1 hour until all cheese is melted, then turn to keep warm while serving. Stir occasionally.
Step By Step Instructions
Brown sausage and drain any fat. Pour over a large plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess fat.
Add the two cans of soup to a medium sized mixing bowl.
Use a mini silicone spatula to clean the cans.
Fill one soup can 3/4 full with milk and add to the mixing bowl.
Add sausage to the mixing bowl and stir it all together.
Pour into a greased 4 or 5 quart crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for an hour until heated through.
Stir once or twice for best results. Turn to keep warm while serving.
Tips for Making Queso With Sausage
- Adjust the level of heat or spice level of the dish by using two pounds of zesty sausage and/or two cans of fiesta cheese soup which has more spices than cheddar cheese soup.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Extra sausage dip can be frozen in an airtight freezer container for up to 3 months.
- Can make a variation using hamburger for one pound of meat for a different blend of flavors.
Other Easy Party Appetizers
- Pepperoni Pinwheels
- Easy BBQ Pulled Pork Crescents
- Chili Cheese Ball
- Cranberry Jalapeno Salsa
- Taco Crescent Rolls
We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!
Printable Recipe for Fiesta Sausage Dip
Crock Pot Sausage Dip
- 1 pound zesty hot sausage
- 1 pound regular sausage
- 10.5 ounce can fiesta cheese soup
- 10.5 ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- 3/4 soup can milk
- Brown sausage in a skillet. If necessary drain fat.1 pound zesty hot sausage, 1 pound regular sausage
- Mix all ingredients together and put in a greased crock pot or use a liner. Cook on low for one hour or until all cheese is melted and stir once or twice.10.5 ounce can fiesta cheese soup, 10.5 ounce can cheddar cheese soup, 3/4 soup can milk
- Turn crock pot to keep warm while serving.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Originally shared on January 19, 2019 with updates made on October 25, 2023.