Smooth, creamy and full of flavor this Deviled Ham Dip recipe with cream cheese is perfect served with crackers or chips at a party.
Deviled Ham Dip Recipe
Mostly creamy with an enjoyable amount of saltiness and several other dynamic flavors this Deviled Ham Dip is great for serving with crackers or chips.
The combination of salty ham, a slight sweetness in the cream cheese and depth of flavor from the other sauces and spices is enjoyable.
Scooping up some of our Deviled Ham Dip on a cracker or potato chip makes a great appetizer or snack.
Vary the amount of ham to move from a dip to a spread. A spread has more meat and less creamy ingredients where a dip has more cream cheese with accents of meat.
Why This Recipe Works
- Only takes 10 minutes to mix up and is great for sharing at a party or get casual together.
- Excellent flavor that pairs well with assorted crackers or even plain potato chips.
- Add twice to three times as much ham as the original recipe calls for to make a meatier spread to use on a deviled ham sandwich.
- If you keep a can of ham in the pantry this recipe uses common ingredients that are easy to find and budget friendly.
Ingredients Needed to Make Deviled Ham Dip
- Cream Cheese – Being one of the primary flavors we like to invest in Philadelphia brand, but store brand works fine too.
- Deviled Ham Spread – Underwood brand deviled ham is what we use, but you can use a food processor to grind your own ham and add seasonings.
- Miracle Whip & Sour Cream – Make the cream cheese even smoother and easier to spread.
- Worcestershire Sauce & Ketchup – Adds more flavor.
- Onion Flakes – Or finely chopped fresh onion works fine too.
- Salt & Pepper – I love using the grinder to have freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Green Onions – Make a wonderful garnish and accent the dip flavors so nicely.
What Is Deviled Ham?
Deviled ham is cooked and smoked ham that is finely diced, seasoned and stored in a small can with a white label made by Underwood Spreads.
The benefit of a can is a longer shelf life, up to a couple years and no refrigeration is necessary to keep the ham safe.
How To Make Deviled Ham Dip
Allow cream cheese to soften on the counter. Or use the instructions on the package to microwave the unwrapped block briefly.
Put the cream cheese in a small to medium sized mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
I find that using an electric mixer helps me to get the best results.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Use a silicone spatula to scoop into a small ramekin or decorative dish.
Garnish with sliced green onions for a fresh flavor and a little extra crunch.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- The original recipe calls for a dash of salt, pepper and ketchup. If you prefer not to guess use 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of ketchup. Add more of each ingredient as desired to achieve your preferred flavor.
- Ketchup works fine in place of hot sauce.
- While green onions can be stirred in they add eye appeal when using as a garnish on top.
- Store in an air tight bag or container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days.
- We like a buttery cracker to use in the dip, plain chips work well too.
- We have been loving these customized boards and wooden spoons for making the table so much more attractive.
More Easy Appetizer & Snack Recipes:
Mexican Corn Dip has only 4 ingredients which are a can or corn, Rotel, cream cheese and cumin!
Caprese Skewers alternate tomatoes and mozzarella served with fresh basil and a balsamic glaze.
Bagel Dip is creamy and only calls for 3 ingredients.
Deviled Ham Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounce can Deviled Ham Spread
- 3 tablespoons miracle whip
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 – 3 green onions sliced
- crackers or chips for dipping
- Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with cracker or chips.
- Keep refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.