Are you looking for a way to use extra vegetables from the garden? Our Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup is colorful, delicious and packed with flavor! This healthy, yet hearty soup is packed with vegetable and has hamburger and potatoes which my family really enjoys!
Vegetable Beef Soup with Cabbage
Our vegetable soup has hamburger, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, corn, celery and peppers if we have extra.
Our family has recently had a strong motivation to eat more fruits and vegetables so these type of recipes are taking center stage. We like to make a big batch and put several containers in the freezer so that we’ve got a meal ready to go at any time.
Since we are on the hunt for new healthy recipes when my mom pulled this easy beef and vegetable soup with cabbage out of her vault I was excited to try it! Another similar recipe using top round steak is our Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Soup.
We all love homemade meals and this is a classic soup for us! Our family already enjoys Loaded Broccoli Noodle Soup, Pasta E Fagioli, Ham and Potato Soup, and Farmhouse Style Chili so adding this soup recipe with hamburger to our menu rotation has been great! Hearty Beef Stew is simialar to this soup and our favorite stew.
Our son is so proud of his garden this summer! We love using his tomatoes and corn in this soup. When we have extra peppers sometimes we toss those in too. Hamburger is the most plentiful meat that we have from raising beef cows on the farm. Given that we already have several ingredients on hand this soup is so easy to make!
Ingredients Needed to Make Soup with Ground Beef and Vegetables
- Corn, fresh or frozen
- Peppers are optional
- Beef bouillon, we prefer Better Than Boullion
How to Make Vegetable Soup with Hamburger
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion until done and then drain.
- Boil one cup of water in a dutch oven and stir in Better than Boullion flavoring or bouillon cubes.
- Add beef and onion mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Add enough extra water to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer.
- Keep pot covered and stir occasionally until vegetables are tender.
Other Farmhouse Family Favorite Meals
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
- Best Taco Meatloaf
- Chicken and Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Kabobs
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe in Instant Pot
- Bell Pepper Taco Dip with Meat
- Farmhouse Ham, Swiss & Ranch Party Sliders
- Easy BBQ Pulled Pork Crescents
Printable Recipe for Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef flavored Better than Boullion
- 5 cups potatoes diced
- 4 cups tomatoes diced
- 3 cups cabbage cut in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown ground beef and onion until done and then drain.
- Boil one cup of water in a dutch oven and stir in Better than Boullion flavoring. Add beef and onion mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Add enough extra water to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Keep pot covered and stir occasionally until vegetables are tender.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.