We love to use leftover ham and make this cheap and easy ham and potato soup! A whole or half of a ham is a GREAT value when you plan to get several meals from it.
We love ham and all of the CHEAP and EASY meals that can be made with the extra ham!
Farmhouse Ham & Potato Soup Recipe
A traditional farm meal in the Midwest features meat and potatoes. Since this soup has both items it’s exactly the type of food you’ll find on many farmhouse tables.
Farmhouse Ham and Potato soup recipe is great because it’s simple. It’s not the fanciest soup you’ve ever had, but it’s a tried and true recipe that is fairly healthy, cheap and EASY!
Friends came over and enjoyed this Easy Root Beer Glazed Ham. There is so much good ham left around the bone and this is the perfect recipe to make use of all of those little pieces of ham! We had so much extra ham that we just made a big batch of ham and potato soup and froze some. Planning ahead saved time and money and makes for easy lunches.
A bag of frozen corn to adds more vegetables to the meal. The can of cheddar cheese soup to makes it cheesier and creamier. And we garnished our bowls with sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onion. Serve in a cute white bowl and enjoy!
Basic Ham and Potato Soup
We love making big hams and using leftovers in easy dishes like this Farmhouse Ham & Potato Soup.
While we enjoy a good Spaghetti Pizza Casserole, but it’s great to find other meals our kids will eat. They like meals with ham, so that makes this soup even more of a mealtime winner!
We use nice slices of leftover ham for sandwiches, but chunks and pieces of leftover ham fit perfectly into soup!
Another of our favorite leftover ham recipes is Ham and Alfredo Spaghetti.
OTHER HEARTY FAMILY MEALS:
- Smoked Sausage & Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- Turkey, Cheddar and Bacon Sliders
- Applesauce Meatballs
- Best Taco Meatloaf
- Crock Pot Swiss Chicken & Stuffing Casserole
- Instant Pot Mozzarella Chicken
We hope you enjoy these classic ham recipes from our farmhouse table as much as we do!
Printable Farmhouse Ham and Potato Soup Recipe
Ham and Potato Soup from the Farmhouse Table
- 4 cups ham chopped in small pieces
- 6 large potatoes peeled & cubed
- 10.75 ounces cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 bag frozen corn can of corn will also work
- 1/2 cup sour cream garnish
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese garnish
- 3 Tbsp green onion chopped for garnish
- Boil potatoes until they start to become soft. Drain most water, but retain enough water that potatoes are about halfway covered (about 2 cups water).
- Add remaining ingredients to the soup pan. Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with sour cream, cheese and chopped green onions
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.