Creamy and satisfying the Ground Beef and Noodle Skillet is an easy meal that’s on the table in under 30 minutes!
Ground beef coated in cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and mixed with tender egg noodles is simple recipe that is full of flavor.
Beef and Noodle Skillet Recipe
Meaty and creamy this Beef and Noodle skillet is a simple meal that is full of flavor. This recipe is inspired by crossing our popular Hamburger Noodle Casserole and a beef and cream cheese taco. I like that it is so easy to make.
Crumbled hamburger is one of our favorite meats to use in a quick stove top meal. Perfect for busy weeknights when the kids need driven several different places this family pleaser can be made in about 20 minutes.
From our Polish Noodle Casserole to Broccoli, Cheese & Noodle Soup we’ve been craving meat and egg noodles. When one dish can bring so much flavor with a combination of meat, carbs and cheese it’s a winner in our family!
We like that the beef adds a lot of protein to this meal. To get our veggies in we serve with a simple green salad or side of Bacon-Onion Green Beans.
Why This Recipe Works:
- Simple enough for picky eaters to enjoy, but extra spices or pepper-jack cheese can add a kick if that’s what you prefer.
- An easy meal to make on the stove top in 20 minutes or less.
- Meal prep can be done by browning ground beef in bulk on the weekend and then using a pound in this meal.
- Ingredients store well in the refrigerator or freezer, so this meal can be made a couple weeks after grocery shopping.
- Ground beef – we like to use lean ground beef that cooks and crumbles nicely over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Onion – We typically use a white or yellow onion, but a sweet onion or red onion will work fine too.
- Cream cheese – the store brand will save some money and add a nice richness to the meal.
- Cream of chicken soup – Campbells is worth the extra money for purity and a beautiful creaminess.
- Egg noodles – Wide egg noodles in a bag that’s stored at room temperature is our preference. Extra wide can be too much in each bite and the frozen type seem difficult to cook to tender.
- Sharp cheddar cheese – adds another layer of flavor on top and adds so much eye appeal that your mouth will water!
Step By Step Instructions
Brown ground beef and drain any excess fat.
Return meat to skillet and add onions. Stir until tender.
Add slices of cream cheese and use a firm spatula or wooden spoon to stir and incorporate evenly into the beef.
Then add a can of cream of chicken soup.
Stir it all together.
Add cooked and drained noodles and stir it all up one last time.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the top. Cover with a lid until the cheese melts.
Turn the burner off and keep covered to keep the meal warm without burning it until ready to serve.
Recipe Tips and Tricks:
- Cream of chicken soup has the smoothest most neutral complimentary flavor to the beef and noodles, but if you like mushrooms cream of mushroom soup would be good too.
- Macaroni or pasta make a fine substitute for the noodles.
- The beef is done when there is no pink remaining in the crumbles. Ground meat should always be fully cooked since it’s touched more surfaces and had more potential exposure to bacteria than whole muscle meat like a steak.
More Delicious Skillet Recipes:
Smoked Sausage, Peppers & Onions – can be eaten alone for a keto meal or put in a wrap or hotdog bun!
Kielbasa and Cabbage is another low carb options that makes a quick meal with veggies.
Kielbasa, Noodles and Cabbage makes a hearty and pleasing meal that is popular at our house.
Creamy Beef and Noodle Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Brown ground beef and drain excess fat from the skillet.
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the package, drain and set aside.
- Add finely diced onion, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until tender.
- Cut cream cheese into thinner slices that will melt more easily. Use a spatula and stir until cream cheese is evenly combined in the cooked hamburger.
- Add can of cream of chicken soup and stir well.
- Add cooked noodles and stir until evenly coated with creamy beef mixture.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the top and cover for 2 – 3 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply