Bacon and cheese quesadillas are a go-to snack, appetizer or easy kid-friendly meal idea. This is the perfect after-school snack to fill kids up and sneak in some veggies too.
Our son has really hit a growth spurt and he is ramping up his caloric intake in big ways. I like to make these quesadillas as an afternoon snack. A bonus is he didn’t even notice the vegetables the first time I made them. We’ve also enjoyed them for a light meal before.
Quesadillas with Bacon and Spinach
Everyone in our family loves cheese. So, we mix slices of sharp cheddar with slices of Colby jack for extra flavor. We add bacon for protein. Sometimes we add spinach to help increase vegetable intake.
Spinach is high in vitamin A and vitamin C and is a great source of fiber, so we like to sneak some into this dish. When spinach is warm it wilts and blends nicely into the cheese. Baby spinach is a bit milder in flavor, so it works great in the quesadillas too.
We like to bake a pound of bacon on the weekend. We enjoy a couple strips for breakfast and keep the rest in the refrigerator for recipes just like this. Bacon also tastes great sprinkled on our Pulled Pork Quesadillas!
Another tip to make this recipe easier is to make one quesadilla at a time and lay the flour tortilla out flat in the skillet. Cover each half with a different type of cheese. Once the cheese starts to melt add cooked bacon and spinach, then fold in half. Another minute or two on medium heat and the cheesy, bacon treat is ready!
How to Make Bacon & Cheese Quesadillas
- Cover flour tortillas with butter or mayo if desired. Tortilla can also be laid directly in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cover each half of tortilla with a different type of cheese. Covering with the skillet with a lid can help hold in the heat and speed up the process of the cheese melting.
- When the cheese is melted sprinkle the bacon and spinach evenly over one type of the cheese.
- Fold tortilla in half and serve warm.
OTHER EASY PARTY FOOD IDEAS:
- Easy Taco Crescents
- Easy BBQ Pulled Pork Crescents
- Chicken Crescent Swirls
- Turkey, Cheddar and Bacon Sliders
- Bell Pepper Taco Dip with Meat
- Quick Pizza Dip
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Dip
- How to Make a Fruit Tray
- How to Make a Vegetable Tray
Printable Bacon and Cheese Quesadilla Recipe
Bacon & Cheese Quesadillas
- 2 large tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter optional
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices colby jack cheese
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- If desired spread butter over one side of each tortilla.
- Turn stovetop on medium high heat. Lay the flour tortilla out flat in the skillet with buttered side down. Cover each half with a different type of cheese.
- Once the cheese starts to melt add cooked bacon and spinach, then fold in half. Another minute or two on medium heat and the cheesy, bacon treat is ready!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.