Do you love cherry Coke or Pepsi? Then this is the perfect Cherry Coke Jello Salad for dessert at your party! Jello salad is a family tradition at the holidays that is a special treat to enjoy.
Classic Cherry Jello Salad Recipe
Super sweet featuring cherry pie filling in the cherry coke jello this red jello salad is a classic vintage recipe.
As a kid, I often saw jello dessert salads at family gatherings and potlucks. There was always a good dessert salad or two like Watergate Salad, Pineapple Pretzel Salad or 7 UP Jello Salad on the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday dessert table.
I honestly never tried them. Then my mom gave me this recipe and basically said you can’t have a food blog without a couple good jello salads. That’s when I realized I had never even tasted let alone made a jello salad. Since I’m always looking for new recipes I thought why not? If it’s not good I won’t actually put it on my website.
Guess what? My husband loves it, I enjoy it, but our elementary-aged son thinks it is a little odd. So I conclude that you must be a bit older, like over the age of 20 to enjoy a good jello salad. As time has gone on I’ve grown to enjoy Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad, Red Hot Jello Salad and more!
My grandma always used a Tupperware jello salad mold that makes a pretty ring. I have her ring, but sometimes I have trouble remembering where I store it, so I just use a nice serving bowl.
This recipe has an especially cherry taste with both the cherry pie filling and the cherry coke to make it extra sweet!
Millennial Food Trends & Jello Salad
Dear fellow millennials – we’re getting older. While we may not fully embrace all of the culinary trends of our more senior generations I will say that I don’t think we’re living life to the fullest if we don’t try to make at least one jello salad.
We love new and unique foods. Well, that’s exactly what this recipe is for me – new and unique. Don’t let another year pass you by without making or trying a jello salad!
Ingredients Needed to Make Cherry Jello Salad
- Can of crushed pineapple
- Cherry coke or cherry Pepsi
- Cherry or black cherry gelatin
- Cherry pie filling
How to Make Cherry Coke Jello Salad
- Drain pineapple juice into a saucepan. Set drained pineapple aside.
- Add water to pineapple juice in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Then stir in cherry pie filling and pineapple.
- Pour into jello salad mold or serving bowl and refrigerate until firm or set. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered bowl or airtight container for up to three days.
More Delicious Vintage Recipes
- Another old-time favorite recipe is this Old Fashioned Pork Chop and Stuffing Casserole.
- A can of cherry pie filling mixes with a box of chocolate cake mix to make Black Forest Cherry Pie Bundt Cake and Chocolate Cherry Bars.
- Lime Jello Salad with Cottage Cheese is tart and zesty with a sweet twist. This easy vintage green Jello salad recipe is refreshing and delicious.
- My favorite vintage recipe is this Farmhouse Ham Loaf – I could eat it every week!
- No-Bake Cornflake Cookies are a timeless classic that all ages enjoy
Cheers to new traditions with old-fashioned classics!
Printable Cherry Coke Jello Salad Recipe
Cherry Coke Jello Salad
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 3 ounce packages cherry or black cherry gelatin
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup regular or cherry coke or pepsi
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice and water to a boil. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and cola.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Fold in reserved pineapple. Refrigerate until firm.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.