This easy Watergate Salad is a simple side dish or dessert for parties and everyday meals. Crushed pineapple, pistachio pudding, marshmallows and Cool Whip mix together for a classic dessert salad in less than 5 minutes!
Watergate Salad Recipe
With just four ingredients that have a good shelf life the Watergate Salad recipe ingredients are easy to keep on hand. The funmallows are my kid’s favorite part of this recipe. They like to grab a couple hand fulls in between stirring. One handful to eat and one handful to sprinkle on top!
Regular mini marshmallows can be used too.
When I was growing up on the farm we had pigs and cows. Many of the animals lived in barns that were bedded with bales of straw. The cattle eat bales of hay. So each summer we made a lot of bales of hay and straw.
To get baling done my dad would hire as many responsible, hard-working high school boys as he could find. My mom would help in the fields and then come in and make lunch with a herd of farm hands on her heels. This Watergate Salad is one of her go-to recipes when there’s a crowd to feed in a short amount of time. This recipe is so fast to mix up and it’s a light and refreshing treat on a hot summer day.
Watergate Salad Ingredients
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- Small box of instant pistachio pudding
- Mini marshmallows – we like using Funmallows
- Whipped topping
- Pecans or walnuts are optional
How to Make Watergate Salad
- Pour undrained pineapple into a mixing bowl. Then sprinkle pudding mix on top and stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir by hand. Chill for an hour before serving.
Can I Make This Salad the Night Before?
Yes, watergate salad can be mixed up the night before and stored in an airtirght container in the refrigerator.
Watergate salad is best eaten within 2 – 3 for the best consistency and flavor distribution.
Unfortunately watergate salad does not freeze well.
Other Easy Dessert Recipes:
Here’s another family favorite recipe that works great as a snack, appetizer, side dish or dessert: Easy Cinnamon Fruit Dip! We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!
Printable Watergate Salad Recipe
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple undrained
- 1 box pistachio pudding
- 1 1/2 cups small multi colored marshmallows
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans optional
- Mix undrained pineapple with pudding by pouring pudding into pineapple. Stir. Add rest of the ingredients. Sitr by hand. Chill before serving.