Creamy and sweet this Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Salad recipe also features lime or orange jello, mini marshmallows, cool whip and chopped walnuts.
Cottage Cheese and Pineapple Recipe
Also known as Pineapple Lime Fluff, this recipe is a simple treat with only 6 ingredients. A popular cottage cheese and pineapple recipe only takes 5 minutes to mix together.
The predominate flavors are citrus from lime and pineapple with complement sweetness from the marshmallows. If you didn’t know there was cottage cheese in the recipe you wouldn’t be able to taste it.
Since this jello salad is not congealed it is ready to serve immediately. This salad doesn’t take time to set-up like our popular Lime Jello Salad with Cottage Cheese that has similar ingredients.
Using lime jello will make the salad green and orange gelatin will make the salad orange in color.
This old-fashioned jello salad recipe still tastes great and is fun to eat. Cottage cheese and pineapple is a lighter jello salad that is not overwhelmingly sweet.
What is Cottage Cheese?
Cottage cheese is made from milk and is a version of curds and whey. Curds are the lumps that are created by protein in milk clumping together. Whey is the liquid in cottage cheese and is a complete, high quality protein.
Cottage Cheese a Healthy Snack Option
Cottage cheese is lower in calories compared to other types of cheeses. It is similar to yogurt and can be used as a replacement to mayonnaise in some recipes. Cottage makes is very versatile and makes a low fat dessert or snack.
Any of our recipes with cottage cheese like Orange Delight provide a high protein snack. High protein foods help you fill full longer and thus have potential to help with weight loss when total food intake is decreased. There are trends to enjoy cottage cheese snacks before bed.
- Cottage cheese – small 16 ounce container
- Crushed pineapple – small 8 ounce can, drained
- Lime OR orange Jello – one small 3 ounce box
- Mini marshmallows – soft and sweet marshmallows make the old-fashioned recipe more fun – may be left out if you prefer to cut calories
- Cool Whip or whipped topping – defrosted, including is optional
- Walnuts or other chopped nuts – optional for an extra crunch
How Big is a Small Carton of Cottage Cheese
A small carton of cottage cheese is 16 ounces.
How to Make Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Salad
In a medium sized mixing bowl stir together cottage cheese and your choice or lime or orange gelatin.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 – 5 days. This jello salad dessert does not freeze well.
More Delicious Old-Fashioned Dessert Recipes:
Easy Black Forest Pie has creamy layers of Cool Whip and chocolate pudding in an Oreo crust topped with cherry pie filling.
Old-Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls are my husband’s grandma’s recipe and they are truly amazing!
Cottage Cheese Cookies have a moist and fluffy cake-like texture, only six simple ingredients mix together to make homemade cookies.
Butterscotch Delight has layers of butterscotch pudding, cream cheese and Cool Whip on a flour crust make a light and heavenly dessert.
Blackberry Jam Cake mixes simple ingredients together to create a family holiday tradition that is wonderful when served with whipped cream and fresh blackberries.
Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Salad
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 3 ounces lime gelatin or orange gelatin
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup walnuts or other nuts, chopped
- 1 cup whipped topping defrosted
- Stir cottage cheese and dry gelatin until blended.
- Add drained pineapple, whipped topping and marshmallows and/or walnut is using.
- Mix well and refrigerate or serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.