These No-Bake Orange Peanut Butter Cookies are semi-healthy and put a twist on a classic no-bake drop cookie with a zesty orange flavor and raisins.
No-Bake Cookies with a Twist
I love being able to mix up a small batch of drop cookies in 5 minutes in the saucepan and have a dessert to share with my friends and family. These cookies are so easy to make, but have a bright and fun flavor that can be made with common ingredients.
Since we’ve been shopping at the store less in 2020 there is always some OJ concentrate in the freezer, raisins in the cupboard for a snack and the sugar, butter, quick oats and peanut butter are staples in our family.
Growing up my mom has made no-bake chocolate cookies many times. We also enjoy dropping the cocoa for a more basic No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies.
No-bake cookies are great because they’re usually so quick to whip up. With a medium sized cookie scoop, small ice cream scoop or tablespoon these cookies can be dropped onto a lined baking sheet in just a couple minutes.
How Long Does it Take Cookies to Set-up?
A sheet of no-bake cookies will set-up in about 20 – 30 minutes in the refrigerator or in an hour or more on the counter as long as the room temperature isn’t too sticky.
What if the Cookies Don’t Set-up?
If the cookies don’t setup to desired consistency the ratio of liquid to solid ingredients may be off. If the cookies fall apart they may be light on peanut butter or butter.
If the cookies make a puddle there is too much liquid and it will take much longer for them to stiffen up or set-up. Feel free to use a spoon and enjoy them, they probably taste fine even if a little too soft.
How to Make No-Bake Orange Peanut Butter Cookies
Add butter, defrosted oj concentrate and sugar in a medium sauce pan. Stir together and cook on medium heat.
Stir constantly until the mixture boils. If you stop stirring the sugar could burn and nobody likes burnt sugar!
As soon as you see bubbles or some small boiling in a portion of the pan turn the burner off AND take the pan off of the burner.
Add that peanut butter. Chunky peanut butter give the recipe a little more character, but smooth peanut butter will work just fine too.
Stir, stir, stir until the heat in the liquid and pan melts the peanut butter and everything is mixed together well.
Then add the quick oats and raisins.
Raisins can be substituted for cranberries. Do not substitute for old-fashioned or rolled oats for the quick oats though as that would be a major change to the consistency of the cookies.
Keep that spatula or wooden spoon handy and mix well again!
Then drop onto a lined baking sheet or piece of wax paper. Chill for about 30 minutes until firm and enjoy!
Easy No-Bake Dessert Recipes
- Flat Buckeyes are amazing and a super easy way to get your chocolate and peanut butter fix.
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars put a lighter spin on the flat buckeyes with white chocolate.
- Buckeye Cookie Bars, yes we pretty much love all things Buckeye because we went to OSU!
- Cheerio & M&M Bars mix familiar favorites for a treat all ages enjoy.
Printable No-Bake Orange Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
No-Bake Orange Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Add sugar, orange juice concentrate and butter to a medium saucepan and stir together. Turn to medium heat and stir constantly until mixture boils. Then remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until blended; add oats and raisins and stir until mixed well.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a lined baking sheet or waxed paper. Chill until firm.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.