Like cheese and ritz crackers with a sweet nutty crunch this Farmhouse Pineapple Casserole with cheddar cheese and pecans makes an easy side dish!
Easy Baked Pineapple Casserole Recipe
This casserole only takes 5 minutes to mix together and makes a simple recipe people will always ask for. Just like our Sweet Potato Casserole this dish is in between a side dish and a dessert. Pineapple casserole is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
The texture of the casserole sends a savory signal, but your tastebuds enjoy the sweetness. Even skeptics that wonder how cheese and pineapple taste together will enjoy this dish.
A can of pineapple chunks is coasted with a sugar and flour layer. Cheddar cheese layers on the sweetened pineapple. Then butter crackers crumble and soak up more melted butter for a richness. Chopped pecans top the casserole for a nutty crunch.
List of Ingredients:
- Pineapple chunks or tidbits
- All-purpose flour
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Ritz crackers
- Chopped pecans
Tips & Tricks
- Pecans are the only nut I would recommend using in this recipe
- We prefer finely chopped pecans to whole or coarsely chopped nuts
- Mix in one cup of leftover diced ham for a sweet treat after the holidays
How To Make Pineapple Casserole with Cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Drain pineapple well and spread evenly over the bottom of the dish.
Mix sugar and flour and sprinkle over the pineapple chunks.
Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the pineapple.
Melt butter and stir in crushed Ritz crackers, or other round buttery crackers. Stir and sprinkle over pineapple.
Finally sprinkle finely chopped pecans over casserole. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until lightly browned on top.
Serve warm and enjoy!
More Delicious Side Dishes for Holiday Meals:
Grandma’s Dressing Recipe is smooth and firm with a delicious taste that we always look forward to at the holidays.
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole makes rich and creamy mashed potatoes even better with bacon and cheese!
Sweet Potato Souffle is my father-in-laws favorite way to make mashed sweet potatoes with a light brown sugar topping.
Crock Pot Loaded Cauliflower Casserole covers frozen cauliflower with cream cheese, bacon and cheese to make a delightful low-carb side dish!
Farmhouse Pineapple Casserole
- 20 ounces Pineapple chunks drained
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 33 Ritz crackers 1 stack
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread drained pineapple on bottom of dish.
- Mix sugar and flour and sprinkle over pineapple.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over pineapple.
- Melt butter and stir in crushed crackers. Sprinkle over the top.
- Top with chopped pecans and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until lightly browned.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.